As an Associate Account Executive, you will go through an interactive training program which will ultimately prepare you for an Account Executive role within the Supplier Sales team. In this hands-on role you will learn from the ground up how to successfully prospect, apply the sales skills you learn, and ultimately grow your earnings potential as you transition into a territory of your own. The duration of this role is dependent on your ability to uncover opportunities for business development across your managers region, meeting call quotas, and general understanding of our company and growing industry. The Associate Account Executive role includes a variable compensation portion that is based on your team Region's percent to plan.
- Inquisitive: Demonstrated curiosity and a desire to obtain a deeper understanding of one’s customer and their business.
- Entrepreneurial Orientation: A tendency to seek out and seize profitable business. The ability to capture trends and escalate as appropriate.
- Personal Characteristics: Integrity, flexibility, self-motivation and drive, creative, responsible, reliable, confident, and resilient. Has faith in one’s own ideas and ability to be successful.
- Results Orientation: Focuses on the desired end result and manages activities accordingly.
- Customer Orientation: Demonstrated concern for satisfying one’s customer through listening and fully understanding what solutions can enhance the customer’s experience.
- Proactively call into prospective customers to learn about, understand, and ultimately uncover sales opportunities
- Partner with Account Executives to learn and understand the full sales cycle process while assisting them in territory management
- Provide superior customer service by offering accurate product information and timely follow-up in a friendly, professional manner
- Utilize a consultative sales approach by asking appropriate questions seeking to understand the prospective customers’ business
- Utilize Salesforce to accurately track progress and share updates
- Perform other duties and projects, as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- Some prior sales experience preferred and strong aptitude for sales
- Proven results and strong desire to meet and exceed goals
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral/written communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills to meet customer and business needs
- Demonstrated experience working with MS Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook