Job Summary: Develop and execute a sales plan that gains access to the executive leadership team within the top retail banners across targeted retailing verticals. (Retail, Grocery, Distribution) Secure and/or expand these retail partnerships to generate vendor enablement programs across SPS’ solution set thereby strengthening the power of the network.
- Develop and execute sales plan leveraging a team selling model.
- Establish key partnerships with strategic alliances, marketing, channels, customer success and other organizations.
- Develop, build and maintain executive level relationships across your named accounts utilizing necessary company resources as required.
- Leverage your executive relationships to gain access to other executives within your named accounts to explore additional business opportunities as well as assess going forward go to market strategies.
- Collaborate with internal teams, openly communicating key account information including insights, experience and solution needs to ensure customer success.
- Contract development and negotiation of terms.
- Create and deliver persuasive executive presentations aligning SPS solutions to customer business strategy.
- Build annualized territory plan to be reviewed quarterly to meet quota expectations.
- Represent opportunities in territory to management via accurate, monthly forecasting.
- Achieve quarterly metrics that include targeted executive alignment velocity, meaningful executive conversations and pipeline creation momentum to ensure the path to commencing formal retail partnerships.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Successful track record in sales (15+ years of experience) generated by one’s own hunting/ prospecting and selling complex service, technology or software solutions into new accounts aligning with the C-suite level.
- Demonstrated success selling a new-to-market concept, acting as an evangelist for that solution.
- Prior software, supply chain management and or retail systems process or consulting experience required. Retail and SaaS preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience in new territory development with “roll-up-your-sleeves” mentality and a well-disciplined sales process. A tendency to look for and seize profitable business opportunities; willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goal.
- Demonstrated success at initiating, developing and maintaining key executive-level relationships within Fortune 50 retailers is preferred.
- Ability to travel as required (25%).