The Sales Engineer will work directly with Account Executives to evaluate technical needs and develop sales strategies, technical presentations, technical demonstrations of core products, provide Request for Proposal and Request for Information technical responses, proposal design and validation, technical account leadership, proof of concept/proof of technology definition and management.
- The ideal candidate must possess a high energy level, positive attitude and the ability to work with and understand the needs of senior level executives within potential customers, under a variety of circumstances.
- The individual must also be a self-starter with strong problem solving skills. The incumbent will work in a dynamic environment that requires significant coordination and teamwork and must take pride in assisting the sales force in conducting well orchestrated sales campaigns.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written, high level and detailed solution design skills, and the ability to “think on your feet” are a must.
- Manage the technical element of selected customer/business partner sales cycles
- Work with the Sales Account Executive to construct opportunity plans and solution propositions
- Reduce/ eliminate technical obstacles to winning the technical recommendation
- Support ongoing technical qualification of opportunities
- Present technical and competitive positioning of proposed solution
- Provide proof/reference points that proposed solutions are architecturally sound, and operationally manageable for the customer
- Develop and present product and services presentations and demonstrations
- Solution design and footprint creation
- Provide technical expertise and leadership for written RFPs, proposals, phone calls, technical briefings, and demonstrations.
- Be articulate, poised and professional in all forms of communications (face-to-face, written, email, and phone)
- Provide prospect/customer feedback to product and technology teams
- Keep up to date on product functionality/features, product positioning, competition, and general business environment
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Computer Science and/or Business preferred
- 1-3 years experience developing, leading or managing System Integration projects
- 1-3 years experience developing, leading or managing API projects
- Pre-sales activity experience desired
- Ability and willingness to travel as required (<25% projected)
- Flexibility to respond to ad hoc questions and issues expediently and to effectively “think on your feet”
- Prior CPG, Retail, Supply Chain or SPS Commerce experience preferred
- Ability to quickly gain expertise on SPS markets and products and ability to articulate the value of SPS products to prospects, on their terms
- Ability to work and succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and multi-task