Sr. Cloud Automation Engineer Job Description
Department: Technology Engineering
Reports to: Director of Technology Engineering
The Sr. Cloud Automation Engineer is responsible for developing, monitoring, maintaining the company's build & deployment pipelines. This person will collaborate closely with development teams and other technology personnel to develop solutions that increase velocity, stability, repeatability, and security.
This position requires a high degree of initiative, a desire to mentor others, a willingness to learn from experts, and contribute your own expertise and discoveries. Strong development engineering and prior experiences with cloud services are required.
- Develop tooling and APIs to support the organizations build & deployment pipelines.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to identify and fill feature gaps.
- Manage and evolve environment auditing scripts to ensure deployed resources adhere to policies.
- Ensure resiliency and high availability to our customers.
- Optimize cloud resources to maximize ROI
- Keep current on relevant technologies and practices, while continuing to search for the next emerging solution
- Performing additional project work as assigned
- 2-4 years’ experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment, or another leading cloud provider
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with cloud orchestration (AWS CloudFormation, Beanstalk, or similar)
- Experience with geographically distributed cloud architectures
- Experience with enterprise application performance monitoring tools
- Experience with build management (CodeBuild, Jenkins, or similar)
- Experience with best practices for developing and operating in the cloud
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery automation
- Linux/Unix administration experience, specifically Ubuntu, CentOS, or Redhat – in a cloud environment
- Experience writing clean and maintainable code
- Experience with Python and/or Ruby
- Experience with change management and establishing proper development, testing, and staging environments
- Understanding of networking fundamentals, including: VPCs, Subnets, NAT, ACLs, Gateways, Interfaces, etc.
- Experience with Agile and iterative delivery
- Efficient communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and to be self-motivated
- Ability to balance multiple projects and tasks concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate proficiency in methodical troubleshooting to provide resolution to incidents
- Adherence to the highest quality standards and a desire for continual improvement.
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong documentation and diagraming skills
- Ability to communicate complex processes and designs verbally
- Experience with web application security principles
- Experience with Ansible
- Windows administration experience a plus
- DynamoDB and/or Redshift experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree, or greater, in IT/Computer Systems
- AWS Certifications are a bonus