The Manager II, Fulfillment Support Manages a team that is focused on the process and technology side of an effortless customer experience. They directly manage up to 10 Fulfillment Support team members who are focused on reducing the demand for customer support by initiating the engagement with our customers and monitoring customer data/issue trends. In addition, this team is responsible for supporting the Fulfillment Support Analyst team by providing tier 2 technical support and managing operational functions that drive Fulfillment Support team efficiencies.
Furthermore, the Manager II is responsible for handling customer escalations and determines the best approach for resolving these issue quickly and fairly. They will also develop relationships with some of their key or strategic customers.
The Manager II participates in interviewing candidates for open Specialist positions within the department as well as manages the development and performance of existing Specialists.
- Customer Orientation: Demonstrated concern for satisfying one’s external and / or internal customer.
- Verbal & Written Communication Skills: Ability to respond clearly and effectively to internal and external customers.
- Problem Solving & Analytical Skills: Knowledge and experience in effective research and troubleshooting.
- Self-confidence: Faith in one’s own ideas and ability to be successful: willingness to take an independent position in the face of opposition.
- Personal Credibility and Attention to Detail: Demonstrated concern that one can be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked to or being required to by the situation.
- Flexibility / Adaptability: Openness to different ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
- Decision making: Quickly make independent decisions that are in SPS Commerce and its customers best interest
- Ensures customer commitments are being met by reducing the overall demand for customer support
- Successfully Manages a Team of up to 10 employees consisting of Analysts, Specialists, Technical Account Managers, and Manager I role functions.
- Answers employee questions and provides coaching on productivity, performance and quality
- Has a solid understanding of SPS Commerce fulfillment products and the value these provide our Customers
- Demonstrates organizational abilities when handling concurrent projects.
- Works and communicates in both small and large group settings
- Adapts to a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Independently makes quick and accurate decisions with little influence from others
- Delegates tasks to employees and monitors progress to completion,
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, and training Fulfillment Support Specialists staff.
- Works with staff on desired career path goals and ensures a high level of employee engagement
- Represents Fulfillment Support in meetings and provide department staff updates on current issues.
- Handles customer and internal escalations
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key or strategic customers
- Monitors work procedures and recommends procedures to improve efficiency of the customer operations department.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5+ years SPS Commerce experience or 3+ years management experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a work group utilizing a highly participative leadership approach.
- Ability to work successfully with all levels in the company and across multiple functions.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to influence others and professionally represent the company to customers and other external parties.
- Strong project leadership, analytical and quality improvement skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision while taking initiative and setting priorities in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of supply chain, EDI, and SaaS strongly preferred
- College degree or equivalent education and experience required