The Enterprise Account Executive is first and foremost a hunter of net new business among large supplier accounts ($250 million + in annual revenue). In this position, you will use your corporate savvy to demonstrate to potential clients the ROI they’ll gain with a SPS Commerce solution.
- Perseverance & Resiliency – pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before reaching goals, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Inquisitive/Intellectual curiosity – values learning and seeking situations to increase one’s knowledge; sees the possibilities; willing to experiment; cultivates new ideas; comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Strategic Business Acumen – formulates objectives and priorities, and implements plans consistent with the long-term business and competitive interests of the organization; capitalizes on opportunities and manages risks
- Problem Solving & Analytical Thinking – works systematically and logically to resolve problems, identify causation and anticipate unexpected results. Manages issues by drawing on own experience and knowledge and calls on other resources as necessary.
- Influence Others – understands his/her audience and develops the information necessary to support his/her position; adapts and presents message to audience in a way that persuades others to adopt one’s perspective and/or course of action.
After learning the basics of our business, the EAE will sell SPS products and services to new and existing customers. Responsibilities will include:
- Creatively prospect for new clients through email campaigns, networking, cold calling, and other strategies to connect with prospects and clients.
- Build relationships and generate future business using a consultative approach that provides customers with a clear ROI understanding of SPS Commerce products over what may be extended sales cycles.
- Collaborate with internal team members and partners to create and present effective solutions to our customers
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Relevant, quota-carrying sales experience of at least two years.
- Strong track record in selling achievements; conceptual and strategic sales experience with high motivation and results orientation.
- Demonstrated experience managing long sales cycles from prospecting to close, while patiently overcoming objections and communicating effectively throughout both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically with organization and prioritization skills to execute effectively.
- Excellent communication and cross-functional teamwork skills (product management, support, sales and senior management).
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communication skills, with ability to translate technical & customer information into products requirements for different level audiences.
- Experience working with MS Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com is preferred.