Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
Do you have an energetic willingness to work, change, learn, and grow in a fast-paced, high-volume, rapidly changing work environment? We are looking for a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst who will take point when it comes to performing activities related to the Company’s SEC reporting, and internal control compliance processes.
Why work at SPS?
You’ll work alongside talented and enthusiastic professionals who embrace the world of technology. Become a part of the largest retail driven and Omni channel focused community that has gained the trust of 70,000 customers globally. We are continuing to grow as the supply chain expert in the industry, along with helping our employees with career progression.
Does this sound like you?
- You have an energetic willingness to work and collaborate, actively sharing information when necessary to get the job done
- You have a working knowledge of SEC reporting requirements and U.S GAAP, and an understanding of SOX internal control requirements
- You have a positive attitude to try new tools that will drive innovation
- You are process-oriented, and understand the strategic value of well-documented processes
- You're passionate about identifying improvements that will strengthen the internal control environment, and promote efficiency and scalability
- You're not shy about taking initiative embracing additional responsibilities when you have bandwidth
The Financial Reporting Senior Analyst will coordinate and manage projects and recurring activities within three primary areas: internal and external financial reporting, internal control design and testing to support SOX compliance, and quarterly reviews and annual audits with external audit firm. You'll be the crucial Finance partner who:
- Ensures timely and accurate filing of periodic SEC reporting, including 10-Qs and 10-Ks, investor and board reporting, annual proxy filing, and management reporting
- Prepares schedules and footnotes to support annual and interim external reporting as well as quarterly earnings releases, earnings call scripts and schedules for quarterly audit committee meetings
- Coordinates effective and efficient quarterly reviews and the annual audit with external audit firm; act as liaison with external audit firm during fieldwork
- Coordinates the SOX internal controls compliance program and the process for control design, documentation and annual testing efforts both internally and with external auditors
- Proactively works with business process owners to enhance SOX documentation around risk assessments, process flow diagrams, control identification and mapping, process narratives and evidence of monthly/quarterly/annual control testing
- Provides and coordinates financial analysis projects and perform other miscellaneous responsibilities and special projects, as needed
What experience and skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, CPA experience required
- 3-4 years of experience in public accounting (preferably with a Big Four accounting firm)
- Working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including accounting standards, financial controls, and other authoritative guidance
- Proven success working as a motivated team player
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to multi-task and manage multiple concurrent responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with varying levels of management, external audit team, tax and legal support
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision a plus; demonstrated experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook essential
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information