Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
Do you have an energetic willingness to work, change, learn, and grow in a fast-paced, high-volume, rapidly changing work environment? We are looking for a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst who will take point when it comes to managing activities related to the Company’s SEC reporting, account policy and internal control compliance processes.
Why work at SPS?
You’ll work alongside talented and enthusiastic professionals who embrace the world of technology. Become a part of the largest retail driven and Omni channel focused community that has gained the trust of 70,000 customers globally. We are continuing to grow as the supply chain expert in the industry, along with helping our employees with career progression.
Does this sound like you?
- You have an energetic willingness to work- actively sharing information when necessary to get the job done!
- You have a positive attitude to try new tools that will drive new improvements.
- You are process oriented- you fully document Accounting and Finance functions in a timely manner.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of periodic SEC reporting, including 10-Qs and 10-Ks
- Prepare and review schedules and footnotes as part of the annual and interim external reporting processes
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly earnings releases, earnings call scripts and schedules for quarterly audit committee meetings
- Research, evaluate, and document the Company’s technical accounting positions using memos
- Proactively work with business process owners to enhance SOX documentation around risk assessments, process flow diagrams, control identification and mapping, process narratives and evidence of monthly/quarterly/annual control testing
What experience and skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, CPA experience required
- 3-4 years of experience in public accounting (preferably with a Big Four accounting firm)
- Working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including accounting standards, financial controls, and other authoritative guidance
- Proven success working as a motivated team player
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to multi-task and manage multiple concurrent responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with varying levels of management, external audit team, tax and legal support
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision a plus; demonstrated experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook essential
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information