Do you have a get-after-it attitude and are in the process of looking for a new role in a fast-paced company? We are looking for a Staff Accountant on our Accounting and Finance team! You will lead the way, in the month-end close process and ensure all transaction entries are accurately posted in a timely manner!
Does this sound like you?
- You have strong organizational and problem solving skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- You are a team player, highly motivated to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- You have great communication skills!
- Support the month-end close process and prepare accounting-related entries to numerous registers, journals, and logs per SPS’s established accounting processes
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Provide detailed analyses and explanations for transactions, and prepare documentation for auditors
- Provide issue-resolution for the expense reporting tool
- Develop spreadsheet reports to inform decision-making through verified data
- Answer accounting and financial questions through data research and interpretation
- Take initiative to improve processes: drive for efficiencies, promote team adoption of changes, and report on efficiency gains
What experience and skills do I need?
- 4-year degree in Business, Accounting or Finance emphasis preferred, or combination of equivalent education and experience
- 3-4 years accounting or related experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Aptitude to understand and work effectively with technical data and processes
- Capable of working on multiple tasks efficiently
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure and meet hard deadlines throughout year as well as Month-End Close deadlines
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential