Purpose: Manage the design & development of software that supports and enhances SPS Commerce’s platform. Innovate with new service offerings. Assist senior management in determining technical strategy and direction for SPS Commerce.
Customers: Business stakeholders in Product Management, Implementation, Operations and Support are the primary customers. The Manager of Development provides them with estimates and plans during initial phases of projects, regular progress updates during the development phases, and high quality deliverables.
Measurements of Success:
- Quality - Time lines
- Roadmap - Strategy
- Employee recruitment
- Employee retention
Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee software development projects from concept to completion.
- Align software development resources to fulfill business requirements efficiently.
- Ensure quality of technology used to fulfill business requirements.
- Manage and ensure budget stays on track.
- Recruit, supervise and retain a high quality software development team and align to product team goals.
- Employ best practices in software development.
- Monitor technology trends and evaluate them for adoption.
- Breadth and depth of knowledge in software engineering and technology.
- Management and Leadership skills.
- Business acumen.
- Communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-resolution and decision-making skills.
- Ability to balance multiple projects concurrently.
- Seven years of experience in software development or related field. Hands on software development experience preferred.
- Two years of project leadership experience. Management experience preferred.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent years of experience.