Strategic Account Executive- Mid Market Supplier Sales
Are you a resilient and entrepreneurial self-starter? We are looking for a Strategic Account Executive on our Mid-Market Supplier Sales team. First and foremost, you’ll be a hunter of net new business among SMB supplier accounts (<$150 million in annual revenue). In addition, the SAE will work to upsell and cross sell accounts in their assigned territory.
Why join SPS?
SPS Commerce is a provider of cloud-based supply chain management solutions, providing network-integrations and comprehensive retail performance analytics to thousands of customers. You’ll work alongside talented and enthusiastic professionals who embrace the world of technology. Become a part of the largest retail driven and Omni channel focused community that has gained the trust of 70,000 customers globally. We are continuing to grow as the supply chain expert in the industry, along with helping our employees with career progression.
As a Strategic Account Executive on our Mid- Market team you’ll:
- Identify potential opportunities through outbound prospecting including use of Sales Navigator
- Creatively prospect for new clients through email campaigns, networking, cold calling, and other strategies you determine can reach client most effectively so you can offer SPS Commerce solutions to help the customer improve their business.
- Engage in all qualified leads/opportunities assigned from Channel, Logistics, Analytics, Marketing, Community, and Lead Generation teams within set SLA’s
- Cross sell and upsell existing subscribers
- Collaborate with Sales Engineers, Account Team and other areas in the business to maximize and retain ARR
- Nurture prospects and current customers as part of an account team to best position SPS for incremental recurring revenue
- Pipeline: Maintain a rolling 90-day pipeline to meet or exceed ARR quota
What experience and skills are needed for this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and relevant experience.
- 3+ years of relevant, quota-carrying sales experience with five+ years overall experience.
- Candidates who have demonstrated multi-year tenure in a single organization with 3+ years of repeated success exceeding quota is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing sales cycles from prospecting to close, building a pipeline, patiently overcoming objections, using tools and resources to demonstrate ROI, effectively forecasting, and persisting through short and long sales cycles.
- Proven experience generating leads from your own prospecting efforts, leveraging your contacts and existing accounts and partners.
- Strong customer orientation with a demonstrated ability to identify customer challenges and articulate a value-added solution to meet their needs.
- Excellent communication and cross-functional teamwork skills (product management, support, sales and senior management).
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communication skills, with ability to translate technical & customer information into products requirements for different level audiences.