Do you have a strong desire to learn and grow? Does working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment catch your attention!? We are looking for a Windows Systems Engineer who is responsible for server hardware, Microsoft™ operating systems, and software for production environments. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a word class SaaS Platform, where you will build, design and support technologies!
Does this sound like you?
- You are naturally curious about what’s coming next in the digital software world.
- You’re ready for the next challenge – a fast-paced environment to match your learning agility.
- You are a self- starter, who succeeds at communication and organizational skills
- In charge of the implementation, configuration, and monitoring of the operations of server hardware (local), operating systems (local and cloud), and applications used in the SPS Commerce production environment
- Be self-motivated to seek out potential technology enhancements. Evaluate, propose, and implement enhancements
- Provide strong technical leadership and collaborative coaching for other Technology Operations team members
- Responsible for the deployment, configuration, monitoring, and ongoing operations of server hardware, operating systems, and applications used in the SPS Commerce production environments in both the physical datacenter and cloud-based environment.
- Engage with Development and Product Management teams to develop, scale, and improve production systems and services.
- Monitor and administer systems as assigned to provide appropriate documentation, cross-training, capacity management, and recommendations for future state.
What experience and skills do I need?
- 3+ years of experience in the IT field working in an enterprise environment administering Windows, IIS, and SQL Servers
- Experience with:
- Amazon Web Services or other cloud-based computing highly desired
- Application performance monitoring tools
- VMware vSphere / ESXi 5.x and/or 6.x required
- HP Servers or other Enterprise class Servers
- Unix/Linux desired
- Storage Area Networks desired
- Cloud Infrastructure Provisioning tools such as CloudFormation highly desired
- Chef or other Desired State technology experience desired
- Scripting skills in PowerShell and/or other scripting languages desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of technologies including, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLAN, AD
- Working knowledge of Antivirus, Patching, and Backup systems required
- Knowledge of network routing, switching and firewalls desired