Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
Do you have an energetic willingness to work, change, learn, and grow in a fast-paced, high-volume, rapidly changing work environment? We are looking for a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst who will take point when it comes to performing activities related to the Company’s SEC reporting and technical accounting processes.
Why work at SPS?
You’ll work alongside talented and enthusiastic professionals who embrace the world of technology. Become a part of the largest retail driven and Omni channel focused community that has gained the trust of 70,000 customers globally. We are continuing to grow as the supply chain expert in the industry, along with helping our employees with career progression.
Does this sound like you?
- You have an energetic willingness to work and collaborate, actively sharing information when necessary to get the job done
- You have a strong working knowledge of SEC reporting requirements and U.S GAAP, and knowledge of how to research complex accounting issues
- You can formulate a technical accounting memo, clearly articulating your thoughtful reasons for recommending a technical accounting position
- You find the prospect of assisting with the technical accounting aspects of M&A transactions exhilarating
- You have a passion for leveraging new tools to drive innovation
- You are process-oriented, and understand the strategic value of well-documented processes
- You're not shy about taking initiative embracing additional responsibilities when you have bandwidth
The Financial Reporting Senior Analyst will perform research on complex technical accounting matters, and provide appropriate interpretation of the relevant guidance, documenting positions in formal memoranda when necessary. In this role, you'll master complex sets of new accounting rules, and will possess the ability to analyze the impact of the new accounting rules, quantitatively and qualitatively. Additionally, you will define and establish accounting policies and procedures. You'll be the crucial Finance partner who:
- Researches, evaluates, and documents accounting positions and accounting policies in formal memoranda as necessary
- Ensures timely research and accurate implementation of new U.S. GAAP standards and SEC rules and regulations
- Researches complex accounting matters to determine SEC reporting strategies
- Assists in completing quarterly disclosure checklists
- Evaluates and documents significant and non-routine accounting transactions
- Acts as a proactive business partner to other departments within the organization by providing accurate and consistent technical advice on technical accounting matters
- Drives effective and efficient communications of technical accounting positions with our Audit Committee and external audit firm, and acts as liaison with our external audit firm for technical accounting matters
- Assists with merger and acquisition projects, including purchase accounting, due diligence, and integration
What experience and skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, CPA experience required
- 3-4 years of experience in public accounting (preferably with a Big Four accounting firm)
- Working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including accounting standards, financial controls, and other authoritative guidance
- A solid base in technical accounting and sufficient savvy to draft accounting memos
- Proven success working as a motivated team player
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to multi-task and manage multiple concurrent responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with varying levels of management, external audit team, tax and legal support
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision a plus; demonstrated experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook essential
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information