Are you at a point in your career where you are not feeling challenged? Are you looking for a company that will nurture your thirst to learn and advance your software engineering skills?
Does this sound like you?
- You may be at a point in your career where you feel like you are starting to mentor others when you still want to be challenged yourself.
- You have started asking “why we are designing this way”, not to question right or wrong, but your intellectual curiosity is starving for more.
- You chose this career path because you know engineering is a passion – you have a natural curiosity to understand how things work and always want to work on the most difficult, innovative projects.
- You understand Agile/Cloud/DevOps and want to see if there is a company out there doing it differently.
Why join SPS?
- We’re the largest cloud technology company HQ’d in Minnesota.
- You won’t just “develop code”, but you’ll solve complex distributed computing problems
- We’re an agile shop leveraging some of the most advanced AWS practices.
- We have a leadership team that cares about your growth
- Along with a team of engineers help Design and build our Cloud-Scale.
- Work with other team members to design and create our DevOps environment
- Engineer web based solutions that scale and meet the business needs.
- Design and build high-volume cloud-based architectures.
- Be a leader by adopting and advancing software engineering best practices.
- Share your excitement and ideas about new technology.
- Have fun in a fast-paced, action packed environment.
Required Experience and Skills
- Four year college degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering with Cloud/Devops.
- Strong communication, analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Agile development processes
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Java (highly preferred)
- Amazon Web Services (SQS, EC2, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch)
- XSLT, XML
- Postgres and Oracle
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Test Driven Development
- Distributed Systems
- High volume platforms
- SaaS Platform Development
- Transaction Processing