SPS Commerce’s Engineering team works on the heart of our company’s platform – a highly scalable and available cloud-based system processing a trillion dollars of product a year. We are looking to add a Software Engineer to our team.
Does this sound like you?
- You may be at a point in your career where you feel like you are starting to mentor others when you still want to be challenged yourself.
- You have started asking “why are we designing this way”, not to question right or wrong, but your intellectual curiosity is starving for more.
- You chose this career path because you know engineering is a passion – you have a natural curiosity to understand how things work and always want to work on the most difficult, innovative projects.
- You understand Agile/Cloud/DevOps and want to see if there is a company out there doing it differently.
Why join SPS?
- We’re the largest cloud technology company headquartered in Minnesota.
- You won’t just “develop code”, but you’ll solve complex distributed computing problems
- We’re an agile shop leveraging some of the most advanced AWS practices.
- We have a leadership team that cares about your growth.
- Design and build high-volume cloud-based architectures.
- Work with other team members to plan and create our DevOps environment.
- Engineer web based solutions that scale and meet the business needs.
- Work closely with Product Management and others to understand and translate business requirements into working software.
- Be a leader by adopting and advancing software engineering best practices.
Required Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering with Cloud/DevOps.
- Strong communication, analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Agile development processes - are you able to describe how you have used the Agile development process?
- Test Driven Development - are you able to describe your experience with TDD?
- Java/Python (highly preferred).
- Amazon Web Services (SQS, EC2, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch).
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Distributed Systems.
- High volume platforms.
- SaaS Platform Development.
- Transaction Processing.