You are a talented designer who knows the web inside and out. You know what works, what doesn’t work and what’s worth trying. You know how to take complex data and distill it down to a simple, easy-to-use interface. Critical discussion about design, whether it's your work or that of your colleagues, is always fun to you because you embrace the philosophy that ideas improve when tested. We are hiring a Product Designer to join our team!
Why join SPS?
SPS Commerce is a provider of cloud-based supply chain management solutions, providing network-integrations and comprehensive retail performance analytics to thousands of customers. You’ll work alongside talented and enthusiastic professionals who embrace the world of technology. Become a part of the largest retail driven and Omni channel focused community that has gained the trust of 70,000 customers globally!
Does this sound like you?
- You have experience working with product management and engineering teams.
- You enjoy solving problems that result in friendly interfaces and experiences for powerful, smart, efficient software.
- You are a good communicator and problem solver with excellent design instincts.
- You can analyze requirements and help validate product strategy from the perspective of the user.
- Lead design discovery meetings to help shape product direction.
- Translate requirements into concepts and elegant user experience design.
- Create interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience.
- Collaborate with other designers as needed, and work independently to see a project through to completion.
- Work with Engineering to guide final implementation of design concepts.
- Negotiate and articulate the "why" of design decisions. You'll need to convince, to disagree confidently, take and give straightforward criticism.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years experience in interface and interaction design preferred
- Knowledge of technology advantages and limitations required (i.e. JS, CSS, HTML, iOS)
- Experience developing consumer and/or commercial web application interfaces (desktop & mobile)
- Proven track record and a passion for designing compelling user experiences
- Solid intuition of best practices and tools used in user-centered interaction design
- Strong visual design skills, including an eye for good typography, composition, and use of color
- Experience working with Big Data sets and developing advanced visualizations to enable high-impact business outcomes
- Fluid ability to design in Sketch, Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop and/or Keynote
- Fluent in HTML & CSS (SASS) and the ability to work in a shared code environment
- Experience in creating various prototype methods and knowledge of best practices
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects and communicate progress and expected milestones
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a rapid paced environment
NOTE: To be considered for this role, please provide a link to your portfolio, website or other online display of samples of your work.