Do you like working in a fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy collaborating with internal and external customers on billing related inquiries? We are looking for a Billings Analyst that will be headquartered in our downtown Minneapolis office. This role will be focused on creating and updating contracts in the financial system for billing purposes.
Why join SPS?
SPS Commerce is a provider of cloud-based supply chain management solutions, providing network-integrations and comprehensive retail performance analytics to thousands of customers. We are the trusted advisors when it comes to perfecting trading partner relationships. SPS Commerce is a company that you will continue to help you grow and develop your professional career.
Does this sound like you?
- You are a high energy, motivated team player with the flexibility to work effectively in a dynamic, demanding, fast-paced environment
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are a problem solver, and pay strong attention to detail
- Perform various billing duties in conjunction with other members of the Finance team, such as entering invoices, creating new customer accounts in the system, and processing credits
- Play a key role in the daily & month end billing processes through a variety of billing & reporting activities
- Manage external billing related inquiries and customer escalations daily, while serving as an internal resource for customer invoicing and contract questions; acting as a liaison between internal and external customers
- Utilize technical and analytical skills to serve internal & external customers with inquiries regarding transaction activity and other technical billing requests, providing support cross-functionally within the organization
- Process monthly cancellations & deactivations for customer contract changes
- Prepare and analyzes billing and revenue reports, as well as reports on monthly credits, cancellations, deactivations and reconciliations
- Take initiative on process improvement, driving for efficiencies in processes & reporting
- Provide support to the Collections team by assisting with customer communications as needed
- Support Auditor needs as requested by Director of Financial Reporting
What experience and skills do I need?
- 4-year degree in Business, Accounting or Finance emphasis preferred, or combination of equivalent education and experience
- 1-3 years billing or related experience, with strong knowledge of billing and financial concepts
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), Power Point preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and setting priorities
- Aptitude to understand and work effectively with technical data and processes
- Strong analytical skills required
- Demonstrated experience working on multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Able to work extended hours to meet goals for month end, quarter end and year end