Do you have a get-after-it attitude and are in the process of looking for a new role in a fast-paced company? We are looking for an Associate Staff Accountant on our Accounting and Finance team! You will lead the way, with general accounting responsibilities such as month-end close entries, reporting and overseeing money transactions and performing special projects!
Why join SPS?
SPS Commerce is a provider of cloud-based supply chain management solutions, providing network-integrations and comprehensive retail performance analytics to thousands of customers. We are the trusted advisors when it comes to perfecting trading partner relationships. SPS Commerce is a company that you will continue to help you grow and develop your professional career.
Does this sound like you?
- You are a high energy, motivated team player with the flexibility to work effectively in a dynamic, demanding, fast-paced environment
- You work well under pressure to meet hard deadlines throughout year as well as Month-End Close deadlines
- You have superb organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Reconcile account balances and prepare supporting documentation
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Generate the vendor payment wires/ACH/checks
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Prepares Credit Card Reconciliation
- Assist with Travel and Expense Reporting reviews
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Takes initiative on process improvement: driving for efficiencies, promoting team adoption of changes & reporting on efficiency gain
- Assist in training AP Analyst on tasks and manages process documentation
What experience and skills do I need?
- 4-year degree in Business, Accounting or Finance emphasis preferred, or combination of equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 2 years of accounting or related experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), Power Point preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and setting priorities
- Aptitude to understand and work effectively with technical data and processes
- Strong analytical skills required
- Demonstrated experience working on multiple tasks
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential