Do you like making sure that information is accurate? Do you like helping others understand what the numbers mean? We are looking for a payroll assistant that is headquartered in our downtown Minneapolis office. You will be primarily responsible for assisting with payroll and related accounting processes. You will work closely with Finance and HR, responding to employee and management inquiries regarding payroll and related company policies.
WHY JOIN SPS?
SPS Commerce is a provider of cloud-based supply chain management solutions, providing network-integrations and comprehensive retail performance analytics to thousands of customers. We are the trusted advisors when it comes to perfecting trading partner relationships. SPS Commerce is a company that will continue to help you grow and develop your professional career.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- You are a strong communicator who works effectively with co-workers both verbally and in writing.
- You have great attention to detail!
- You have a get-after-it attitude who completes work in a timely matter!
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll in multiple states and countries by collecting, calculating, and entering data into the payroll system
- Identify payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Timely input employee new hires and termination information into the HRIS system
- Professionally answers employee questions and requests
- Prepare payroll reports used for various purposes across the organization
- Maintain employee records across various HR, finance, and payroll systems
- Follow payroll policies and procedures, and communicate suggestions for improvements
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DO I NEED?
- Associate’s Degree in Payroll, Finance, or Accounting plus 2 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly desired
- Exceptional numerical and data entry skills demonstrating speed and great attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to troubleshoot and escalate problems appropriately and in a timely manner
- Basic knowledge of payroll rules and policies, as well as general accounting principals
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook); Experience with Ultimate Software a plus