Are you a high energy, motivated team player who thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment? If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you! We are looking for a Collections Analyst who is responsible for owning the processes related to resolving outstanding balances on customer accounts. They are also responsible for addressing both internal and external inquiries related to the current status of customer accounts. The Collections Analyst will work in accordance with the current Accounts Receivables Policies while maintaining customer relationships.
Why join SPS?
We strive to deliver a workplace where people feel valued and challenged to excel. You’ll work alongside talented and enthusiastic professionals who embrace the world of technology. Become a part of the largest retail driven and Omni channel focused community that has gained the trust of 70,000 customers globally. We are continuing to grow as the supply chain expert in the industry, along with helping our employees with career progression
Does this sound like you?
- You portray being obsessed with customers by ensuring that the organization is paid for the work that we do.
- You enjoy working collaboratively across different teams- as a Collections Analyst, you will work with the billings, sales and customer success teams to collect on past due balances.
- Monitors and maintains assigned accounts, which includes customer calls, account adjustments and customer reconciliations
- Records information about financial status of customer and status of collection efforts
- Negotiates payment schedules, escalates for appropriate approvals, and closely monitors collection of accounts
- Identifies, processes, and reports on accounts for suspension, cancellation, & placement with third party collection agencies
- Responsible for providing weekly & monthly reports regarding Accounts Receivable Aging and Outstanding Accounts
- Manages all accounts which have filed for Bankruptcy, filing proof of claim documents & internally reporting & documenting actions on these accounts
- Prepares write-off requests & reports monthly on write-offs processed
- Performs financial projects and assists with other responsibilities, as assigned
What Experience and skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance emphasis preferred, and/or 2+ years collections or related experience, prior experience with high volume customer contacts required
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with minimal supervisor by taking initiative and setting priorities
- History of improving business processes, driving efficiency improvements, and recommending procedural changes