You are a disrupter with the ability to see what the future demands because you see the possibilities of streaming technology in eCommerce. We are looking for a Principal Cloud Engineer to help build our roadmap for future technical decisions. The Cloud is where you spend your time. You’re a forward thinker with a curious mind and natural capabilities to evolve what exists today. Come design the next evolution of technology in business!
Why Join SPS?
You’ll work alongside talented and enthusiastic professionals who embrace the world of technology. Become a part of the largest retail driven and Omni channel focused community that has gained the trust of 70,000 customers globally. We lead Retail’s transformation to the Digital Retail era through providing retailers with a set of bleeding-edge technology solutions designed to cover all retail challenges and opportunities of today.
Does this sound like you?
- You have a know more to be more mentality. You enjoy working collaboratively across tech groups to gain as much knowledge as possible!
- You have excellent communication skills, which will help in making informed decisions about platform costs and optimizations.
- You have excellent organization skills and can multi task when needed!
- Work with multiple teams of Cloud and DevOps Engineers to Design and Develop the road map for SPS' future Cloud and Platform Strategies.
- Guide and inform technical groups of various experience and skill level migrating workloads to the Cloud leveraging established best practices and automation patterns.
- Leverage your experience with Cloud Operations to make informed decisions about platform costs and optimizations.
- Work alongside with the Network Operations team to design, automate, and maintain network connectivity within our Cloud and Data Centers.
- Follow an API First principle to increase velocity for engineering teams across the globe.
What experience and skills do I need?
- 3-5 years’ experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment, or another leading cloud provider
- Experience with:
- Application Build Management leveraging containerized build processes and automation platforms (such as CodeBuild, Drone, Jenkins)
- Containerization platforms operations and management (such as Swarm, Titus, Mesos, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Enterprise application management experience including scaling, monitoring, and metrics
- Continuous Iteration and/or Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Operational focus in Cloud Platform operation and platform Best Practices
- Infrastructure as Code and Immutable Artifact deployment philosophies
- Iterative development and multiple deployment environments
- Practical focus on writing clean and maintainable code
- Scripting languages in Python, Go, Ruby, or Node
- Multi-Region Cloud deployments
- Agile Software Development Methodology / SCRUM
- Linux/Unix Systems Administration experience (Amazon Linux, Alpine, Ubuntu) within Cloud Environments
- Solid understanding of Cloud Networking Fundamentals (VPCs, Subnets, Routing Tables, BGP, VPNs)
- Demonstrated proficiency in methodical troubleshooting to provide resolution to incidents