Are you a Network Engineer that enjoys interacting with internal and external customers? Do you enjoy monitoring, and maintaining the company’s network and communications infrastructure? Join SPS Commerce as a Senior Network Engineer. You will be responsible for the architecture, configuration, deployment, monitoring, and ongoing operations of SPS Commerce networks.
Does This Sound Like You?
- Enjoys working independently and are self-motivated to troubleshoot issues.
- Possess the ability to balance multiple projects and tasks concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment solving problems with your team and supporting other SPS employees.
Why join SPS?
- We’re the largest cloud technology company HQ’d in Minnesota.
- We’re an agile shop leveraging some of the most advanced AWS practices.
- We have a leadership team that cares about your growth.
- Vigilant administration of network security both internal and external.
- Administer systems as assigned to provide appropriate documentation, cross-training, capacity management, and recommendations for future state.
- Take initiative where necessary to help ensure high quality and service to our internal customers.
- Performing additional project work as assigned.
Required Experience/ Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Systems or comparable work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in network administration or engineering preferred.
- Extensive understanding and experience in switching and routing required.
- In depth understanding of TCP/IP protocols including HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, SMTP, FTP, NTP, DHCP, SNMP, ICMP, and ARP.
- In depth understanding of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF & EIGRP).
- Experience with communication and collaboration solutions (Cisco, 8x8 and Lifesize preferred).
- Experience with Firewalls (Cisco & Fortigate preferred).
- Experience with Cloud Computing (AWS VPC networking preferred).
- Experience with SDWAN solutions preferred (Viptela).