SPS Commerce is hiring a Senior Sales Trainer in our Minneapolis office. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering training to new Sales hires, as well as refining and enhancing the sales techniques for our more seasoned sales reps. You will be responsible for the creation, design, and implementation of sales training materials and facilitation of the content for the SPS Sales Organization. It's a great time to join a growing technology product company and help continue our winning streak!
Does this sound like you?
- You enjoy delivering training to a wide range of sales professionals, from entry level to seasoned account executives.
- You have created, designed and implemented training materials using multi-media.
- You have a passion and energy working with sales individuals - your excitement is contagious and can translate to a highly motivated sales team!
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Learn and understand the SPS Sales Model. Determine training needs by meeting with staff and leadership in both sales and non-sales departments to identify gaps and propose effective solutions
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques; providing readily available support/; integrating support with routine job functions
- Enhance job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Proactively motivate, coach, and provide feedback
- Maximize effectiveness by researching training methodologies, learning tools and sales practices.
- Remain current on existing markets and regulations that may affect organization's product and/or sales process.
- Ability to translate changes in products/ technology into relevant training material. Train sales team on how to explain complex product information to non-technical audiences
- Deliver in-person and virtual instructor-led training offerings to diverse audiences including managers, account executives, inside sales representatives, solutions architects, and technical account managers
- Facilitate learning via classroom instruction and virtual and blended learning; incorporate a variety of presentation methods and applications to accommodate adult learning styles
- Make recommendations to managers regarding participants' overall learning experience
Your skills and experience look like this:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 6+ years in a corporate training environment with a significant focus on Sales training
- Ability to adjust training techniques to accommodate various learning styles
- Must be a dynamic speaker with proven ability to get participants excited about the topics being presented
- Training in Solution Selling (or equivalent) is preferred
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills are a must
- Ability to work successfully with all levels in the company and across multiple functions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and professionally represent the company internally and externally.