Ever built commercial software? Tried agile and struggled? Worked on a data warehouse but not achieved the success you envisioned? Interested in making a change to where you can learn or hone your skills in successfully building BI and Analytics solutions that makes a data-driven organization possible? Then SPS Commerce in Minneapolis is the place to be!
As a Business Intelligence and Analytics Engineer on the Corporate Analytics team, you are responsible for successfully designing and building SPS Commerce's data integration, business intelligence, and internal analytics solutions. A relentless pursuit of timely delivery is essential as you connect with internal customers to provide strategic and tactical business insights and integrated data.
You'll be working with a cross-functional team that is implementing a robust BI and Analytics solution to help business partners achieve their data integration, analytics, and reporting needs. We’re building our solution using a product approach – the team delivers! But we’re not stopping there, you’ll use “upper-quadrant” software like MicroStrategy, Informatica, Jira, and SQL Server. This role requires a mix of skills: business and technical analysis, design, development, and testing. You’ll work on a mix of data stores (data warehouse, ODS, and data lake), reporting and dashboard applications, and focus on data integration to help turn data into consumable information.
Does this sound like you?
- Attention to detail as well as overall big picture – you begin with the end in mind
- You have a collaborative approach to solution design; you’re part of a team that achieves more together
- You enjoy gathering, building and organizing data
- Are you a driver, do you take initiative while being organized?
- Analyze transaction system data to ensure data quality, completeness, and MDM
- Investigate application performance and data accuracy issues, then work with source system engineers to correct issues and deficiencies.
- Leverage and grow SPS’s methodology and architecture for supporting development of Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions.
- Interpret business requirements to develop data integration solutions.
- Maintain technical knowledge of data integration design patterns and solution architectures.
- Document processes from data acquisition to data stores to consumption of information.
- Interact with customer to collaborate on needs and objectives so that solutions meet business requirements as well as technical constraints.
- Follow a product roadmap delivering a long-term vision of data integration, business intelligence, and analytic capabilities based on the Kimball design philosophy.
- Hone your skills and proficiency in Informatica Cloud, MicroStrategy, SQL Server, and data solution design techniques (with support for obtaining formal certifications to take your career to the next level!).
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Bachelor's degree in computer information systems, or similar program. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of prior experience using Informatica PowerCenter (on premise) or Informatica Cloud.
- Strong technical development and testing skills, especially in SQL, data integration, data quality, master data management, and data architecture.
- Well-developed communication and technical skills; comfortable in regularly and clearly communicating with both business and technical team members.