Are you in search of a role where you will work within a fast paced and collaborative environment? We are looking for an Associate Site Reliability Engineer on our SPS Commerce Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team, that is responsible for delivering highly available platform services and deployment automation that empower our product engineering teams with services that are secure, reliable, cost effective, and foster a high rate of velocity. Working within a fast paced and collaborative environment, the SRE team partners with development to deliver market leading products and services.
Why Join SPS?
You’ll work alongside talented and enthusiastic professionals who embrace the world of technology. Become a part of the largest retail driven and Omni channel focused community that has gained the trust of 70,000 customers globally. We lead Retail’s transformation to the Digital Retail era through providing retailers with a set of bleeding-edge technology solutions designed to cover all retail challenges and opportunities of today.
- Maintain highly available, secure, and cost-effective container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes and ECS
- Engineer Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) solutions that simplify and improve software deployments to enable high velocity for our Product Engineering partners
- Develop robust monitoring and observability services and patterns to consistently improve the team’s ability to identify, react, respond, and recover from complex failures.
- Collaborate with Technology Engineering, Development, and Product Management to help develop, scale, and improve production systems and services
- Partner with service teams to provide appropriate documentation, cross-training, architecture planning, capacity management, and recommendations for future state
- Engineer effective ways to cope with failures that may occur
- Participate in an On-Call rotation to support the availability demands of SPS services
- Engineer technical solutions to prevent or reduce the frequency of failures
What experience and skills do I need?
- College Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Aspirations to acquire experience and grow as a technologist
- Software Engineering mindset with interest in python and/or golang preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of Linux operating systems and networking systems