Sr. Retail Development Manager
If you are looking for an innovative and exciting sales role, then you’re in the right place! With top- talented individuals, we are able to succeed when it comes to omni channel and retail development initiatives. As a Senior Retail Business Development Manager, you will work to develop strong working relationships within your prospect base. You will build those relationships with, Enterprise Retail prospects' IT, Vendor Compliance, Merchandising, Supply Chain, Accounting, E-Commerce, Omnichannel Planning, Finance and Logistics teams to introduce SPS’ suite of solutions to better their business.
Why join SPS?
We strive to deliver a workplace where people feel valued and challenged to excel. You’ll work alongside talented and enthusiastic professionals who embrace the world of technology. Become a part of the largest retail driven and Omnichannel focused community that has gained the trust of 70,000 customers globally. We are continuing to grow as the supply chain expert in the industry, along with helping our employees with career progression.
- Leveraging the business relationships, you build to fully understand each buying organization's supply chain processes and methodologies
- Executing your thorough discovery process to uncover change events or identify business problems within a buying organization, for which SPS Commerce offers a compelling solution and value proposition
- Working cross-functionally with SPS's vibrant and highly-collaborative teams to support the business relationship and articulate the value proposition of SPS Commerce solutions
- Leveraging analytics to identify areas of opportunity with these large complex retailers in our partner group
- Supporting your prospects daily by serving as a primary point of contact for prospect base both internally and externally to ensure prospect satisfaction and proper coordination and collaboration among teams
What experience and skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of sales hunting, account management, sales consultant or related experience with documented performance levels meeting / exceeding sales plans
- Experience working with executives and C-level decision makers
- Retail Operations / Supply Chain experience desirable
- Ability to work “off script,” or without a pre-defined process when executing new approaches with buying organizations. Ability to quickly adapt and creatively respond to unforeseen obstacles.
- Excellent verbal communication and telephone skills, along with strong written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated organization and prioritization skills. Ability to multi-task and handle multiple concurrent activities
- Experience with Salesforce.com desired