SPS Commerce is hiring for a newly created Sr. Manager role on one of our Software Engineering teams. Specifically, this position will help lead us in a new direction for our API-first strategy, building out and exposing SPS services.
Does this sound like you?
- As a Software Engineering leader, have you led others on a path and direction of new technical strategy?
- Have you created and relied upon great cross-functional relationships to deliver a software product?
- Do you have an extensive experience with API Gateways, Authentication and Authorization, as well as working with containers?
- We’re a growing SaaS company that is continuing to play a role in the disruption of the Retail industry.
- We have great technology leadership including a CTO that is well known and respected in the local tech community.
- We’re not afraid of taking risks – while we’re not reckless in using new technology, we tend to be advanced adopters.
We’ve got big plans in 2019 in terms of the design and direction of our API strategy. We’re looking for someone who has grit and vision to help evolve the technical direction of our products. This role will lead a team of 6-9 resources locally, and another handful overseas, all ranging across a variety of skills and experiences. It’s a great opportunity to coach/mentor up-and-comers but still have heavy interaction with seasoned engineers. This position will work cross-functionally between engineering groups, product management groups, and operations leaders.
Experience you need:
- 8+ years of engineering experience + a least 3 years of formal leadership experience
- Experience delivering software and collaborating with a Product Management team
- Reasonable knowledge / expertise with the container ecosystem (ECS, AKS, EKS, Kubernetes in general)
- Reasonable knowledge / expertise with API Gateways, Authentication & Authorization
- Experience in an Agile environment is highly preferred
- SaaS experience is preferred, but will also look at shrink-wrap experience
- Experience leading a global team