We're seeking an Accounting Manager to lead a team of 4 team members. As a growing company, we're looking for someone who loves to build teams and mature processes - we're definitely not on ground zero, but there's plenty of runway to leave your mark.
Does this sound like you?
- You like working in dynamic, fast paced environments -in fact, you're a bit of a change agent/advocate yourself.
- You like to create and build - whether it's a new process or implementing new technology, you have a passion for continuous improvement.
- You are highly collaborative and have experience working within cross-functional teams.
As a functional leader, this role is responsible for the delivery and management of Accounting operations. This includes oversight of the global processing of accounts payable invoices, disbursements, accruals, expense management, vendor inquiries, operating cash management and reporting. You'll work closely with banks, as well as internal stakeholders such as the Financial Planning & Analysis team and Legal.
As a people leader, this role is responsible for the continuous development of team members. This includes identifying and nurturing talent and promoting a positive work environment.
- Lead a team of 4; provide balanced workloads, training, coaching, goal setting and performance reviews
- Manage accounting operations, which includes relevant vendor activity, monitor and coordinator with our financial partners (banks, travel agency, insurance broker(s) & insurance, and Concur), provide weekly cash forecasting & reporting, etc.
- Responsible for month-end close activities including account reconciliations, prepaids, fixed assets, and complex accruals; assist with analyzing expenses versus forecast with Financial Planning and Analysis team
- Establish and maintain strong internal controls and manage all regulatory activities related to accounts payable including 1099 process and FATCA reporting, insuring compliance with IRS regulations.
- Assist with merger and acquisition projects
- Partner with our international offices (Ukraine and Australia)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 6+ years of experience required in accounting, accounts payable or related field, 3+ years must be supervisory role
- A broader understanding and appreciation of accounting practices outside of accounting operations.
- Public company experience, particularly working with external auditors
- Highly collaborative communication style and practices