SPS Commerce is hiring an Associate Software Engineer for our Fulfillment product team. This role is focused on an early career, burgeoning software engineer.
Does this sound like you?
- You've got a deep well of curiosity and a surface answer is never enough for you. You're obsessed with learning and have a demonstrated ability to apply your findings as you continue to advance.
- You've got about a year of business related development under your belt. You feel comfortable with the fundamentals and you're ready to stretch your legs.
- You have a broad interest in fullstack development - you're not into specializing, at least not yet.
Why SPS Commerce
We know - you've got a lot of choices available out there. What makes SPS Commerce stand out is our commitment to using modern technology that can fuel your growth. We're not just looking for a body to fill a seat, but rather, we aim to hire the best engineers from which to learn.
- Mentoring Program: We pair each new hire with a mentor on their team and a second SPS mentor in another area of technology.
- Knowledge Share (in SPS and the local tech community): We hold monthly technology meet-ups to discuss interesting projects in the company and promote new technologies and their use. We hold regular meetups within the community. We have numerous internal meetup groups focused on different technologies and topics that interest people. All of this suggests a learning culture that we indeed promote.
- We'll upskill you: You will learn highly desirable market leading technical skills ranging from full stack development, to site reliability engineering to cloud native solutions.
This resource will work on a team that is building 2 of the 3 most strategic business priorities that focus on using APIs to enable new product capabilities in the market. The work this team is doing is critical path to short and medium term business success.
- Work to build products on getting data delivered to and directly integrated into customers’ critical systems of record. We build deep integrations with client agents and integrate with APIs to some of the largest ERPs, Marketplaces and online stores like NetSuite, Amazon, and Shopify for example.
- You'll gain exposure to some of our largest, most recongizable customers and retail trading partners.
- We help with customer issues in real-time, remediate data flow issues, handle and manage incidents with out system and hold ourselves accountable to building resiliency systems that are highly fault tolerant.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent expereicne
- 1+ years of software development experience in a professional environment
- Technical experience in the following:
- Languages (at least 1): Java, Python, Ruby
- Frameworks: Angular, Django, Rails
- Experience in AWS or other cloud providers
- Service Oriented techniques
- NoSQL Experience (MongoDB, DynamoDB, CouchBase, etc)