Are you interested in databases, data structures, infrastructure-as-code, and automation? We are looking for a Cloud Database Engineer to join our team, who enables the entire organization to build quality, scalable database solutions. We believe in DevOps principles and are actively pushing the design and support of databases in to a DevOps organization every day.
Does this sound like you?
- You have some experience with databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, or Oracle
- You look at Infrastructure as code
- You have some experience with Cloud Computing
- You have done IT database stuff
- You have just figured out databases are your thing and you’re looking to join a team who will help develop your skill set
The Day to Day
- Respond to incidents in Production (external customers) and Development (internal customers)
- Build new database systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL, and almost any other database technology)
- Continuously improve automation framework (Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, github among other DevOps tools)
- Engage with engineering peers to develop, scale and improve database systems and services
- Build in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other public clouds
- Strive to make databases that are faster, more secure, and cheaper (all the time)
What experience and skills do I need or would be nice to have?
- Basic database interaction, modeling, or administration
- Automation and configuration management with tools like Ansible or Chef
- Linux use or administration
- AWS or Microsoft Azure experience
- Version control like github or SVN
- Basic programming background with Python or Ruby