We're actively searching for a leader on our Site Reliability team. This role is serving as a new function within the Cloud Platform team.
Does this sound like you?
- You see leadership as an opportunity to lead collaboration efforts on cross-functional teams
- You love to forge new pathways and blaze trail. Even if it's just bringing a new perspective to an existing process, you are willing to challenge the status quo
- You have vision to set a team strategy but are still close enough to the technology that you can provide technical leadership to your team and the larger tech organization
- We've shown a long history of quarter-over-quarter growth, and in growth comes opportunity. We convert that growth to investments in our people, process and technology. We are mindful of opportunities for individual training, continuous improvement, and ensuring that our cloud technologies are modern and current
- We are one of the largest cloud users in the Twin Cities with applications in AWS and Azure
- We have amazing technology leaders who are known and recognized in the local tech community for being innovative thought leaders
This position will serve as a leader for a team of Site Reliability Engineers. This team is responsible for delivering highly available platform services and deployment automation that empower our product engineering teams with services that are secure, reliable, cost effective, and foster a high rate of velocity. Working within a fast paced and collaborative environment, the SRE team partners with development to deliver market leading products and services. As a leader for this team it is essential to be highly approachable and collaborative with exceptional communication skills.
- Develop and lead a talented, collaborative and high performing engineering team. This will include selecting, mentoring and on-boarding new talent and then providing team strategic planning and technical direction
- Own team delivery of highly available, secure, and cost-effective container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes and ECS
- Lead communication and collaboration efforts to engineer Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) solutions that simplify and improve software deployments to enable high velocity for our Product Engineering partners
- Manage developing robust monitoring and observability services and patterns to consistently improve the team’s ability to identify, react, respond, and recover from complex failures
- Partner with service teams to provide appropriate documentation, cross-training, architecture planning, capacity management, and recommendations for future state
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree, or greater, in IT/Computer Systems or comparable work experience. AWS Certifications are a plus.
- 3 years of Engineering experience PLUS 2+ years of leadership/management
- A strong DevOps mindset and proficient in Agile Development Methodology and task execution
- Proficient with Amazon Web Services including EC2, RDS, Dynamo DB, Route53, Elastic Load Balancers, AMIs, IAM Roles, and CloudFormation
- Proficient with Automation, Configuration Management, and Continuous Integration