SPS Commerce, one of the largest cloud technology companies in Minnesota, is seeking multiple Cloud Engineers.
Does this sound like you?
- You have a high degree of initiative and you don't need an invitation to dive deep into tackling complex problems.
- You have a strong DevOps mindset and your whole approach is geared towards cloud technology solutions.
- You have previous experience with development engineering practices and strategies.
- We have proven that we know what it takes to win and maintain position as an industry leader. We boast over 17+ years of consecutive quarter over quarter growth. That growth translates to continuous investment in our people, process and technology.
- Our tech teams are built from the ground up by tech enthusiasts; from leadership to individual contributor, our team members often have side projects and/or are highly involved in the local tech community.
- We're not afraid to take risks and break the status quo - we must continuously adapt, and are expected to lead, in an industry that is going through huge transformation and disruption.
The Cloud Operations team at SPS Commerce is responsible for helping to fully realize the maximum benefits, security, and safety of leveraging and investing in cloud providers. Our Cloud Engineers partner with development teams and other technology personnel to provide agile, cost effective, & secure cloud strategies & environments through automation, tooling, policy, and governance.
- Engineer and maintain highly available, secure, and cost-effective tools for managing and provisioning cloud accounts and users
- Develop and operate tooling for cloud networking and security solutions
- Partner closely with the security team to ensure vulnerabilities are identified and remediated
- Collaborate with technology teams to help maximize use of cloud offered managed services
- Optimize the use of cloud resources and services to maximize ROI and control cost
- Engineer effective ways to prevent and/or cope with failures that may occur
Skills and Experiences needed
- Bachelor's degree or greater, in IT/Computer Systems or equivalent years of experience; AWS Certification is a plus.
- 1-3 years’ experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment, or another leading cloud provider
- Proficient with Python and Docker
- Experience with cloud orchestration (AWS CloudFormation preferred)
- Experience with build management (CodeBuild, Jenkins, or similar)
- Experience engineering IAM solutions
- Linux/Unix administration experience, specifically Ubuntu, CentOS, or Redhat – in a cloud environment