Account Executive –Logistics
Are you goal and results driven? Are you willing to help drive and lead new potential sales and opportunities? Have an “outside the box” way of thinking that will be beneficial while uncovering new business opportunities? If this sounds like you, then you’re at the right place.
As a Logistics Account Executive, you’ll be working with customers to sell our solutions to the North American supply chain logistics marketplace, in particular 3PLs. This is a fast-growing business at SPS Commerce and requires forward-thinking, innovative sales professionals who are skilled at discovery and solution selling.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive direct revenue and lead generation through strong business relationships with supply chain companies in the logistics and transportation sectors.
- Embed SPS Commerce services within the solution portfolios of our logistics customers/partners.
- Partner with the Sr. Director and Manager of Logistics Sales in creating thorough business plans that details the specific markets, activities, and milestones required to meet sales revenue and lead generation objectives.
- Collaborating with an account team to understand existing SPS relationships to get warm introductions to the appropriate contacts.
- Maximize consistent and accurate sales, partner forecasts and metrics using specified tools and applications.
- Run creative, full-cycle solution selling programs that meet or exceed objectives in generating revenue and/or qualified leads for other sales organizations at SPS
- Innovate sales in the supply chain & logistics market to uncover new business opportunities to help diversify SPS Commerce revenue sources
What experience and skills are required?
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of equivalent education and relevant experience
- 1+ years’ successful experience in solution selling products and/or services as an Account Executive, Sales Executive, Channel Manager, Alliance Manager or similar position in a full sales cycle environment (prospect to close)
- Familiarity with common business applications in ERP, Manufacturing, Distribution, Supply Chain is preferred
- Cross-functional teamwork skills (product management, implementation, support, sales and senior management)
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communication skills, with ability to translate technical & customer information into business solution requirements
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred