Are you a natural influencer with a craving for creating positive change? Are you looking to join a company that is continually growing, with many future opportunities?
We are looking for a Collections Manager to lead the full collection life cycle. Through effective team management & high engagement with senior leadership throughout the collections process, the Collections Manager ensures accurate & timely collections of outstanding balances from customers, and acts as a trusted internal and external partner in managing customer relationships, escalations, and cross-functional initiatives.
- We’re a growing technology product company (not to mention the largest cloud company HQ’d in Minnesota)
- We continually strive to deliver a workplace where people feel valued and challenged to excel
- Our high-energy environment provides employees with perks big and small, from company-wide events and department outings to endless coffee and a business casual dress code
Does this sound like you?
- You're an experienced leader, mentor, and coach, and you know how to inspire a team to do their best
- You thrive in an environment of high growth and continual change, by taking initiative and properly setting and shifting priorities
- You have strong “thinking-on-your-feet” skills
- You are a process improvement champion: always looking for ways to make processes more efficient
- You'll manage the collections team and oversee their daily collections responsibilities, including work queues, outbound customer contacts, suspensions and suspension removals, collection codes, bankruptcies, and reporting.
- You'll manage the collection queue for inbound customer contacts relating to collections inquiries and serve as a liaison between internal and external customers on escalated requests
- You'll own training curriculum and process documentation for collections functions
- You'll lead team initiatives related to process improvement, driving for efficiencies in collections processes, reporting opportunities, and data analysis within the collections group
- You'll serve as a trusted SME for technical collections inquiries, providing support to many teams within the organization
- You'll act as a champion for internal change, initiating and participating in cross-functional projects as representative of the Finance team
What experience and skills do I need?
- 4-year degree in Business, Accounting or Finance emphasis preferred, or combination of equivalent education and experience
- 3-5 years collections or related experience, with strong knowledge of collections and financial concepts
- Minimum 2+ years serving in a formal or informal leadership role within a collections or accounts receivable role
- Ability to adapt and thrive in an environment of high growth and continual change by taking initiative and properly setting and shifting priorities
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple concurrent responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), Power Point required
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, and Versapay ARC systems preferred