SPS Commerce is a leader in our space and we are seeking a Sales Director that will oversee a team of 7-8 experienced senior sales professionals. This leader will focus on some of our most complex and highest impact sales and truly has the ability to have a significant effect on the continued upward trajectory of our organization. We’re looking for someone who is the embodiment of our corporate values and can lead a successful sales team to elevated levels of achievement.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re a leader who can build upon and replicate success in new and innovative ways.
- You have a consistent track record of leading from the front – whether its cultivating and supporting a thriving team culture or driving strategy execution. You lead by positive motivation and can inspire others.
- You’re no stranger to solution sales within service-oriented prospects (retailers, grocers & distributors). You’re an effective evangelist – you can’t resist sharing a vision around value proposition.
- Quite simply: we know how to win. We have 73 consecutive quarters of growth and are an industry recognized leader in our space.
- It’s an opportunity to join an impactful industry disruption. Retail is evolving faster than ever before, and as retail trading partner experts, we believe that leading is an obligation – that’s why Leading the Way is one of our core values.
- At SPS we know it’s our incredible employees that drive success. We’re known and respected for our talent development and investment.
The Day to Day (Key Responsibilities)
- Mentor and motivate a team of 7-8 direct reports, most of whom are seasoned senior sales professionals; nurture and drive a culture that aligns with SPS’ Vision and Values.
- Partner with your team to craft deal strategies that will enable your team to close complex sales cycles generating significant indirect revenue for the business via supplier enablement programs
- Drive collaboration between the internal groups to maximize enablement programs
- Collaborate with Strategic Alliance to leverage GSI partnerships within top pursuits.
Required Skills/ Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience
- At least 10 years of professional sales experience w/ at least 6 years in a formal sales leadership capacity.
- Experience selling technology, systems or services into the service-oriented industry (i.e. retail, grocers, distribution, etc)
- Experience selling complex solutions at an enterprise level (working with a variety of buyer audiences within an organization)
- Able to travel at least 30%
- Demonstrated a consistently success track record as an individual contributor AND as a sales leader.