The Senior Financial Analyst – Revenue assists in building annual revenue budgets and rolling forecasts while providing decision support through financial analyses to optimize revenue. Deliverables include robust forecasting/analytic models, performance metric analyses, helping drive scalable reporting infrastructure and the packaging of findings into presentation-ready content for SPS Commerce Executive team members.
Does this sound like you?
- Do you enjoy building cohesive revenue models with high data integrity in order to influence business decisions?
- Are you skilled at using and analyzing metrics/KPIs to validate budgets and forecast?
- Are you energized by working cross-functionally and presenting key findings to senior leaders?
We know that there are a lot of employment choices for great talent so at SPS we work hard to create an environment where “Employees Come First” and where your “Thirst for Growth” can be nurtured. We’re a market leader and have just passed our 73nd consecutive quarter of growth. This allows us to continue to invest in our employees and aggressively gain market share.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting (e.g., analyze financial results, identify and understand key trends, assess current and future business risk; communicate results, key messages, and variances upward and to the appropriate audiences)
- Build and maintain financial models that appropriately estimate and project revenue and utilize the models to provide analytics of anticipated trends
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand any proposed new company offerings and implement models that properly recognize revenue according to accounting principles and company policy
- Analyze pricing data and provide recommendations for changes to increase average selling price
- Responsible for applying, enforcing, and executing the Company’s revenue recognition policy as it relates to the performance of revenue accounting
- Apply professional skepticism and an inquisitive approach to review and analyze the appropriateness and reasonableness of underlying accounting principles that support revenue recognition
- Establish controls necessary to ensure that revenue forecasts, deferred revenue balances and revenue accounting execution are compliant with company policy and GAAP
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in Finance/Accounting required (MBA preferred) plus 7 years of relevant work experience
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset with advanced business acumen
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects while still communicating key issues and status updates while working in a team or independently
- Demonstrated experience building financial and decision support models