SPS Commerce is seeking a Strategic Account Executive (SAE) to act as a driver with Mid-Market Supplier accounts. As an SAE you will seek to establish new accounts via both lead qualification and prospecting, work to develop and upsell an ongoing account base and collaborate with peers to maximize the opportunity.
Does this sound like you?
- You are a resilient self-starter who can successfully search out new business while qualifying future opportunities.
- You Get After It when making a sale with your strong selling achievements and negotiation skills while being proactive in how you manage you customers.
- You are Obsessed with Customers and demonstrate a concern for satisfying the customer through listening to their needs and fully understanding what solutions can enhance their experience.
- Succeeding Together is something you value in an organization. You understand that when you win, your team wins and you continuously work to create an environment of collaboration amongst your colleagues.
- We are passionate about helping our customers identify and implement the best solution for their organization which has helped us gain the trust of over 70,000 customers globally.
- We can boast 75 quarters of consecutive growth which leads to continuous investment in our people, process, and technology.
- We are leading the way as the largest cloud based company HQ’d in Minnesota and we are using this lead to transform an industry.
After learning the basics of our business, the Strategic Account Executive will sell SPS products and services to new and existing customers. Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Creatively prospect for new clients through networking, email campaigns, and other strategies you determine reach clients most effectively so you can offer SPS Commerce solutions to help the customer solve key business challenges.
- Build relationships and generate future business using a consultative approach that provides customers with a clear ROI and an understanding of the SPS Commerce platform via the telephone, email, and customer meetings.
- Negotiate pricing and contractual terms to close sales and meet monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
- Continue to nurture clients as their business needs change, upselling current accounts while ensuring all new vendors onboarded by a retailer are sent our way.
- Cross-team collaboration with technical and implementation resources to ensure all pre-sale questions and concerns are addressed while partnering with Customer Success post-sale to ensure maximum adoption is achieved.
- As a representative of SPS Commerce customers, present solutions to ensure full compliance with customer’s supply chain requirements.
Key Skills and Experiences Needed
- Bachelor’s degree AND 5 years of relevant work experience with 3+ years quota-carrying sales experience OR some post-secondary education AND 9 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing sales cycles from prospecting to close, building a pipeline, patiently overcoming objections, using tools and resources to demonstrate ROI, effectively forecasting, and persisting through short and long sales cycles.
- Proven experience generating leads from your own prospecting efforts, leveraging your contacts and existing accounts and partners.
- Clear, concise, and confident communicator (verbal, non-verbal, written), including effectively altering vocal tone/inflection, listening, and writing relevant and engaging content.
- Ability to translate and clearly communicate business issues and technical information to individuals with varied levels of expertise.
- Excellent skills with cross-functional teamwork (e.g., product management, support, sales leadership, and senior management).
- Proven aptitude for sales: bias toward action, engaging, resilient, listener, curious, grit, gumption.
- Demonstrative behaviors around integrity, relationship building, and leadership expectations.