At SPS Commerce, we have an obligation to lead, and as a Strategic Account Executive working with our Analytics product, so do you. In this quota-carrying and fast-paced role, you will continuously seek net new business derived primarily from outbound prospecting, territory management, and periodically going onsite; you will pull in resources from the sales engineering team and work to transition business to our implementation team. Once a new customer is onboard, this account will remain as part of the territory for possible upsell. SMB customers are constantly expanding and changing, so their needs change as well. In this role, you will grow business with a constant mix of new and expanding clients with a strong emphasis on net new customer acquisition.
Does this sound like you?
- Heavy hitters, decision makers, executives – no matter what you call them, you are at ease in your conversations. You can take the lead and steer new customers and well as existing customers towards solutions and success
- Collaboration is at the heart of the work you do. Your team is your lifeline and your collaboration to ensure a solution is being executed is critical to program execution. These processes go hand-in-hand
- Your business acumen drives your obsession with customers. You are a trusted advisor and problem solver. Other competitors sell fulfilment technology, but you sell customers on why SPS is the technology that drives results that matter.
- We are a highly collaborative and team-oriented organization. This role is a part of a tight knit team that provides business insights to the suppliers and allows them to see how their products are performing.
- Winning is our tradition! As the industry leader in cloud-based supply chain management solutions, we provide proven tools and comprehensive analytics to over 75,000 customers globally
- We have tallied up 76 quarters of consecutive growth, but we aren’t stopping there! We are blazing the trail for what is next for our products and customers through disrupting the market by bringing cutting edge technology to the forefront
- We care. Our people, our customers, our community, and more – we encourage volunteerism and philanthropy among our employees through Charity Auctions, social events, monetary matches and more!
- Our employees are encouraged to create their own opportunities. SPS is a culture centered around curiosity and initiative with dynamic, purposeful changes allowing us to reinvent ourselves as we grow
- Drive a prescriptive sales process and manage a defined sales territory (e.g., identify, develop, and close new business opportunities)
- Creatively prospect for new clients through email campaigns, networking, cold calling, and other strategies you determine can reach client most effectively
- Collaborate with an account team to understand and leverage existing SPS relationships while cultivating a culture that grows together and aligns with SPS Values
- Work to maintain customer satisfaction; respond to customers in a timely manner; ensure the customer has proper alignment with customer success
- Nurture prospects and current customers; cross-sell and upsell existing subscribers
- Maintain a rolling 90-day pipeline to meet or exceed ARR quota
- Document key findings, progress, insights, and pipeline velocity in Salesforce.com
What skills and experience do I need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree AND 5 years of relevant work experience with 3+ years quota-carrying sales experience OR some post-secondary education AND 9 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience managing sales cycles from prospecting to close, building a pipeline, patiently overcoming objections, using tools and resources to demonstrate ROI, effectively forecasting, and persisting through short and long sales cycles
- Proven experience generating leads from your own prospecting efforts, leveraging your contacts and existing accounts and partners
- Clear, concise, and confident communicator (verbal, non-verbal, written), including effectively altering vocal tone/inflection, listening, and writing relevant and engaging content
- Ability to translate and clearly communicate business issues and technical information to individuals with varied levels of expertise
- Excellent skills with cross-functional teamwork (e.g., product management, support, sales leadership, and senior management)