SPS Commerce is a leading supply chain management company that provides state of the art cloud-based solutions. We are currently looking for a Senior Program Manager who is Obsessed with Customers, has a Thirst for Growth, and a Results Matter mindset to join our Sales Community team.
We're looking for someone who has strong customer management, consulting, analytical and communication skills, with a thirst for results. Working as part of a larger account team, the Program Manager is considered an internal expert on driving commitment rates for external customer acquisition programs and is highly skilled in consulting customers and project team coordination. This is a unique opportunity to have a significant impact within a rapidly growing company.
Does this sound like you?
- You love working collaboratively as a team.
- You excel at developing and fostering relationships with internal and external customers - from the teams you work with internally at SPS all the way up to C level executives of the companies you support.
- You are confident leading and guiding your accounts. You communicate effectively, confidently and can speak eloquently, building rapport and understanding how you are coming across externally. This enables you to make recommendations to best serve your customers.
- You are able to both run things behind the scenes and also be front of stage, making presentations to accounts and sales teams.
- You are comfortable with a level of ambiguity and are agile, able to adjust to changing needs. Every customer is different, and you will evaluate what they are trying to achieve and make recommendations based on what you learn.
- You have strong time management skills and are very detail oriented.
Why work at SPS?
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers, and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process and our tech products. We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources, and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
The Senior Program Manager will be a member of the program management team. Their primary responsibilities consist of consulting our enterprise customers (Buying Organization/Retailers) on the onboarding of their large trading partner communities using best practices and real time data and analysis to maximize results.
This role will act as a liaison between the Buying Organization and their trading partner community, coordinating the buying organization messaging and escalation strategy/execution.
- Engage in the planning and implementation of the more complex community programs of varying sizes (250-2500+ vendors)
- Independently plans and creates strategies, tactics, activities, and communication materials for the purpose of conveying the customer's message to their community while driving maximum adoption within program timelines
- Expertly collaborate with internal account teams and leadership to ensure the buying organization is following best practices while escalating appropriately where necessary.
- Maintain necessary alignment with the retailer’s outreach project team to execute on an agreed messaging plan, execution strategy, and escalation management.
- Appropriately set expectations and enforce best practices with our retailers on their outreach project plan and convey how their actions may affect their results.
- Act as an encouraging and empathetic resource for the retailer while pushing them to be appropriately uncomfortable where needed.
- Coordinate with a retailer to accurately represent the individual status and needs of the list of vendors provided to SPS Commerce.
- Analyze vendor community data and feedback to customize a retailer’s initial strategy as well as pivot as needed based on continued learnings.
- Use messaging, corresponding tools, training and collective team knowledge to maximize the commitment and ultimately adoption with each retailer.
- Act as the “retailer expert” for the Community Sales team as they work directly with a retailer’s vendors to effectively be a liaison for the retailer.
- Develop and execute training curriculum for sales staff to effectively represent our buying organizations goals and strategies during a trading partner outreach.
- Mentor Associate level Program Managers via large engagement assistance
Required Experience/ Skills
- Proven ability to prioritize workload across multiple projects while focusing on quality and detail
- Proven competence with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); expert level Excel skills and web analysis and reporting tools.
- Clear, concise, and confident communicator (verbal, non-verbal, written) and presenter, able to facilitate communications and problem resolution internally and externally
- Proven ability to understand unvoiced customer needs and adjust strategy appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience PLUS 5 - 10 years relevant experiences.
- Retail experience
- Project Management Experience
- Salesforce experience
- Basic knowledge of internet-based software products and services
Travel % Required: 15%
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
**EOE including disability/ veteran**