Are you looking for a company that will challenge your engineering skills and reinvigorate your desire to solve complex problems? SPS Commerce is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Fulfillment Monitor team. You will work with a diverse group of technologists on innovative products aimed to capture a $1B market opportunity.
Why Join SPS?
As the largest Minnesota SaaS company, we are a leader in our field providing disruptive and innovative solutions within the Retail industry. We have celebrated 83 consecutive quarters of success and we dominate the field. We believe in investing in growth - whether that be in our products, your professional trajectory or in our communities. When you join SPS, you join a winning team and have an opportunity to work alongside exceptional colleagues solving some of the most complex problems facing the evolving retail landscape.
Does This Sound Like You?
- You enjoy discussing requirements and approaches to maximize value partnering closely with other technologists and stakeholders.
- You're known as a mentor, particularly with early/mid-career software engineers.
- You have a proven history of effective software design and a record of delivery!
- You believe cooperation and compassion are the key to strong team cohesion.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use.
- Serve as technical expert on development projects.
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality. Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Work under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment
What is Required?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of the PDLC/SDLC, cloud and distributed architectures
- Ability to work collaboratively with engineers of various skill levels and technical abilities
Technologies You Can Expect to Encounter:
- React and Angular. Our application started out in Angular, but we are moving towards React with an eye on a micro-frontend strategy. ·
- NodeJS, Python, and Java. Most of our backend is currently written in Node, but we do have some legacy products that make use of Java. ·
- Various AWS services, including ECS, EC2, S3, Lambda, Dynamo, Cognito, and others. · We work very closely with a team that maintains an Eleasticsearch Database that provides Monitor with our search capabilities.
- Drone and other deployment technology but are looking to migrate to Azure DevOps
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
**EOE including veterans/disability**