We are currently hiring a Sales Manager for our Analytics Sales Team. In this role you will have responsibility to develop and lead a team of quota carrying sales representatives at various levels to meet and exceed sales goals. You will partner and collaborate with our marketing, implementation, customer operations, and senior management teams to ensure sales campaigns are executed effectively and customer satisfaction is maintained.
Does this sound like you?
- You're a strategic thinker with proven strong leadership qualities. You can lead through innovation in all areas of responsibility with clear and concise communication.
- You're passionate and a bit Obsessed with Customers. You are a good steward of the overall business.
- You lead with integrity, curiosity, engagement, self-driven initiative, collaboration, relationship building, and customer engagement/support.
- Winning is in your DNA - you are competitive, you love to win and help others to win.
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers, and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process, and our tech products. We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
Essential Responsibilities / Duties
As a Sales Manager on our Analytics sales team, you will work with a high performing team focused on growth and winning. You will partner with other internal SPS teams. You're not afraid to get in the trenches to help your team to help them succeed, win and further develop in their sales career.
- Work closely with the Analytics Sales Director to drive and deliver expectations of the business
- Identify key selling trends and communicate them to senior management
- Manage pipelines of the team through individual contributor and team pipeline reviews
- Aggregate pipeline for Sales and Marketing Management for forecasting purposes
- Resolve tactical issues with SPS Finance and Operations as they arise
- Collaboratively work both within the team and cross-functionally
- Ensure the team documents key findings, progress, insights, and pipeline within Salesforce.com
- Cultivate a culture that grows together and aligns with SPS Values
- Recruit, hire, and develop sales representatives; mentor, motivate, and coach to ensure success and team continuity; manage for performance
- Partner with Sales Training and leverage training resources to ensure proper training for all employees of the team regarding SPS Commerce products, services, and sales techniques
- Develop/improve core selling processes
- 5+ years sales experience preferred; quota-carrying sales experience a plus
- 2+ years of formal management experience strongly preferred; 2+ years minimum informal leadership experience required
- Proven success developing individual contributors, demonstrated experience working with others to complete work and resolve issues and
- Retail supply chain experience and/or EDI background highly desired
- Strong track record of successfully developing others and coaching for performance
- Proven competence with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and a CRM, preferably Salesforce.com
- Bachelor's degree OR an equivalent combination of education and professional relevant work experience
Note: USA travel up to 25% of the time at customer and prospect locations
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
EOE including disability/ veteran