Due to tremendous growth, we are adding a Principal Business Systems Analyst to our Accounting & Finance team here at SPS Commerce. In this newly created role, The Principal Business Systems Analyst serves as a product owner for business unit systems in Finance while influencing and leading change through implementation of new technology and technology enhancements and associated procedures, process workflows, and compliance requirements. This person will use deep skills in business analysis, this position will drive strategic and cross-functional initiatives that will improve Finance’s ability to deliver efficient and effective systems for the organization and its customers.
Based in our office in downtown Minneapolis, our hybrid work model provides the best of both worlds. We #succeedtogether through in person collaboration, balanced with remote work as well.
Does this sound like you?
- You hold yourself and others to high standards of performance. In getting results, you operate with integrity and respect.
- Collaboration and teamwork is how you work. You understand that no individual or group can do it all.
- You are passionate about understanding our current and future customers’ needs and helping them achieve success.
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process and our tech products. We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
Essential Responsibilities / Duties
- Participate in cross team collaboration, innovation, and ideation to define key initiatives and experiences with internal and external stakeholders
- Drive strategic and cross-functional initiatives by partnering with senior leadership on business & technology priorities, timelines, and facilitate key decisions with relevant stakeholders
- Drive system strategy and planning initiatives, partnering with corporate systems and enterprise planning teams in the execution of the strategies
- Lead the translation of strategic initiatives into deliverables; identify, flag, and mitigate current or future risks
- Identify and influence opportunities to better leverage the business systems; make recommendations to enhance and improve processes, workflows, internal controls, and compliance requirements
- Own and manage Agile project methodology, including Scrum ceremonies, stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives, demos, grooming, and release planning
- Identify, manipulate, and analyze the data necessary to make decisions to support strategic initiatives and on-going process improvements
- Develop materials such as executive communications, playbooks, request forms, etc.; communicate and teach new and updated features to users and stakeholders using all appropriate communication tools
- Drive global communications to ensure frequent, accurate, and timely information is provided to all stakeholders
- Develop post-implementation strategy and monitor changes to validate successful implementation of system fix/enhancements
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with business partners across the organization
- Mentor more junior Business Systems Analysts on the team to increase system/application knowledge and enhance abilities on the team as a whole
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 10 years of related experience or 13 years of experience without a degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- Proven ability to provide systems strategy and planning
- Strong change management, problem solving, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience working with large ERP systems as well as other common financial systems utilized within Controllership functions (billing, payment, treasury and reimbursement systems)
- Energetic, well organized, agile, collaborative, and a self-starter
- 8+ years of project-based work experience in IT, Project Management, Customer Service, or a related field
- Systems degree highly preferred
- Experience working with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, BlackLine, TRACT, Concur, VersaPay, Xactly, Anaplan, Gainsight
- Working knowledge of Agile project methodology and Scrum processes; certification(s) preferred
- IT background, including systems implementation experience
- Design thinking and UX design experience
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
EOE including disability/ veteran