Here at SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We strive to ensure every employee has the tools, resources, and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our continued success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
In our continued fast paced, high growth environment, we are excited to add a new Lead role in our Learning & Organizational Effectiveness team.
- Highlights of the Organization & Leadership Development Lead Role:
- Provide strategic and operational support for all talent and leadership development priorities to ensure strategic initiatives drive improved performance and organizational business results.
- Accountable for SPS’ approach to succession and talent reviews, assessments, enterprise-wide people manager and leadership curriculum and people manager onboarding.
- Provide grounded research and industry best practices to establish and drive a multi-year leadership development strategy.
- Requires deep working knowledge of talent management, succession planning, leadership development, organization development, process consultation, individual and organization assessment, facilitation, change management and learning and development.
- Critical in shaping the talent/leadership development solutions that enable the success and achievement of business objectives as SPS grows and evolves.
Consumers are pushing retailers to evolve like never before. Empty shelves, late shipments and incorrect images online don’t work for today’s shoppers. #TeamSPS is addressing inventory, supply chain and sales challenges for today’s leading and emerging retailers. Forge your path by joining our global team and unleashing your talents.
Essential Responsibilities / Duties
- Design, plan and deliver SPS leadership development strategy including competency model, talent review process, succession planning and leadership development programs and solutions, focusing on strengthening leadership capability and readiness, new leader onboarding and accelerating leadership development at selected organization levels.
- Assess and analyze the company’s leadership performance gaps and capability needs based on current and future strategic plans. Design, curate and deliver impactful learning and coaching that closes leadership gaps and builds a solid base for future growth.
- Drive organization transformation through various OD projects from opportunity identification and needs assessment through the development and implementation of practical solutions. This includes partnering closely with executive leaders and HRBPs as well as managing internal or external third parties/resources to deliver the work.
- Design executive development solutions using a wide range of development strategies (assessment, formal learning, experiential learning, coaching, personalized development, etc.)
- Serve as ongoing coach and advisor to the HRBPs and business leaders to scope and solve OD challenges.
- Provide Organization and Leadership Development expertise and thought leadership. Stay abreast of new learning in the field while proactively applying innovative solutions that improve the organization and achieve breakthrough results.
- Possess leadership acumen to establish strategic partnership with top company executives and HR leaders by successfully understanding business priorities, developing, and implementing strategies to achieve business outcomes.
- Ensure diversity, equity and inclusion is appropriately and consistently integrated across all people manager and leadership development programs and practices
- Demonstrated thought leadership creating leadership development programs using design principles and blending learning strategies in a progressive, high bar for talent environment
- Professional experience, maturity, executive presence and judgment to gain credibility and respect among executive leadership team
- Experience developing customized and pragmatic approaches that leverage and complement the business culture of the organization versus favoring a particular academic approach
- Ability to develop a vision and strategy while working in a hands-on, collaborative manner
- Comfortable with ambiguity; navigates confidently; adapts to change
- Strong measurement bias and the ability to translate leadership development and talent activities into measurable outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 10 or more years of experience in OD, leadership development or consulting.
- Demonstrated business acumen and knowledge of organization development and leadership development trends and practices.
- Strong project management, coaching and consulting skills.
- Demonstrated competency in group facilitation, coaching, team building, conflict management and problem solving.
- Sound understanding and demonstrated application of Organization Design, Change Management and Team Effectiveness practices and tools.
- Experience using OD tools and models in a practical, non-technical way that solve business problems.
- Proficient Microsoft skills.
- Masters degree or advanced studies in Organization Development/Behavior, Organizational Psychology, or Human Resource Development.
- Certification in Crucial Conversations, Insights Discovery, EQ-I or other development solutions.
- Experience working in a high growth, distributed environment.
- Experience building scalable talent and development programs capable of growing with an organization
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
EOE including disability/ veteran