Here at SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We strive to ensure every employee has the tools, resources, and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our continued success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
Why SPS? In our industry, consumers are pushing retailers to evolve like never before. Empty shelves, late shipments and incorrect images online don’t work for today’s shoppers. #TeamSPS is addressing inventory, supply chain and sales challenges for today’s leading and emerging retailers. If this sounds exciting to you.. Read on.
In our continued fast paced, high growth environment, we are excited to bring on an Assistant Controller, reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Controller.
Highlights of this role include:
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for managing global accounting operations, SOX/internal controls, commissions payment and reporting, and shared services; ensuring the integrity of the Company's financial data and reporting; enforcing the corporate accounting policies and procedures with GAAP and SEC requirements; driving continuous improvement and development of the financial staff and processes; and teaming with senior team members to continually evaluate and provide strategic business insights across SPS Commerce. By working collaboratively with the finance team, and own team, will ensure appropriate accounting and financial reporting, assuring a sound internal control environment, and providing critical accountability and guidance for operational finance leadership across the organization.
Essential Responsibilities/ Duties:
- Provide leadership and coordination over the global financial close and related processes
- Ensure Company accounting procedures and policies conform to generally accepted accounting principles
- Be a strong steward of the general ledger and other pertinent financial systems
- Ensure that an adequate system of internal controls surrounding the Company’s financial reporting is in place and effectively operating
- Provide leadership and input to Company-wide and Finance key initiatives as well as any strategic-related transactions, partnership, and other external relationships
- Enhance the financial performance of the Company by analyzing and interpreting financial data and reporting to senior management
- Lead financial system improvements to ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and availability of financial reports for use by the business
- Oversee and enhance a complex commissions accounting, payment and reporting function
- Provide leadership to global payment processes, including accounts payable and expense reimbursement teams
- Develop future financial and controllership leaders through talent development, training and mentoring of individuals, as well as staffing and recruiting of necessary skill sets
- Drive a strong controllership mindset throughout the corporation by providing appropriate financial support in the attainment of operational goals and objectives
- Oversee the coordination of work performed by the Company’s external auditors and monitor and resolve issues promptly
- Oversee worldwide consolidation for accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency
- Play a role in execution of new business opportunities for the Company, including evaluating the potential accounting implications for new initiatives including partnerships, development collaboration arrangements, minority investments and M&A activity
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Finance, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- 12+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards such as GAAP and IFRS
- Experience in a large public accounting firm and/or a public corporation
- Dynamic people management and mentoring skills
- Project management and/or experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements and efficiencies
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about meeting the needs and expectations of a customer
- Bias for change with demonstrated experience and successes in change management
- Astute at making financially sound decisions
- Experience managing third-party vendors
- Proven competence with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
EOE including disability/ veteran