Our Enterprise Supplier Sales team is growing! Due territory expansions in 2023, we are adding a Strategic Account Executive role. In this role, the Enterprise Strategic Account Executive (ESAE)
is first and foremost a hunter of net new business among large supplier accounts ($150 million + in annual revenue). In addition, the ESAE will respond to incoming leads from a variety of sources, work to upsell and cross-sell within their current account base. Partnering with an Associate Account Executive and other Account Team members, this position will use business acumen and is corporate savvy to demonstrate and prescribe SPS solutions to potential clients. This is a quota carrying role: 80% Direct Sales/20% Indirect Sales.
Does this sound like you?
- Results matter and you hold yourself to a high standard of performance. This shines in your fluent development of comprehensive partner go-to-market strategies
- Obsessed with customers is how you work. You're an innovator with excellent communication, interpersonal and customer engagement skills as someone who can work cross-functionally as well as across different levels of leadership
- You have mastered translating technical and business information to a variety of audiences and partner management is your true calling. You work with a sense of urgency without sacrificing the quality of the work you are providing
- You work smarter and harder by thriving to hold stamina through a complex solution sales process. You often identify a problem, create a solution and bring it to a state of completion – with others or even on your own.
Why Join SPS?
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process and our tech products.
We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry. At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team.
In this quota carrying role, you will be responsible for uncovering and driving highly competitive opportunities within your assigned territory. Your territory will include large complex Suppliers looking for new EDI solutions and ways to automate their supply chain processes and systems.
- Drive a value-based sales process and manage a defined sales territory (e.g., identify, develop, and close new business opportunities)
- Engage in all qualified leads/opportunities assigned from a variety of teams (e.g., Channel, Logistics, Analytics, Marketing, Community, Lead Generation)
- Prospect for new clients through email campaigns, networking, cold calling, and other strategies you determine can reach client most effectively so you can offer SPS Commerce solutions to help the customer improve their business
- Build strategic relationships and generate future business using a prescriptive approach that provides customers with a clear understanding of SPS Commerce Full-Service products and the value they can expect to meet their business needs
- Effectively lead and collaborate with internal team members, that would consist of, Product Marketing, Sales Engineers and Customer Success partners to create and present effective solutions to our customers
- Orchestrate sales cycles and align with key stakeholders to drive maximum value, increase revenue and expand SPS services with current customers · Create and deliver persuasive executive level presentations that move clients to a purchase decision in full compliance with their supply chain requirements
- Communicate trends in the customer base to Product Management, Channel and Customer Success
- Partner with clients as their business needs change and identify opportunities to upsell/ cross sell.
What experience and skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree AND 8 years of relevant work experience with 4+ years quota-carrying sales experience OR some post-secondary education AND 8 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience managing large or Enterprise sales cycles from prospecting to close, patiently overcoming objections, using tools and resources to demonstrate value and persisting through sales cycles
- Strong customer orientation with a demonstrated ability to identify customer challenges and articulate a value-added solution to meet their needs
- Strong track record in selling achievements; conceptual and strategic sales experience with high motivation and results orientation
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically with organization and prioritization skills to execute effectively
- Excellent communication and cross-functional teamwork skills (product management, support and implementation, sales and senior management)
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communication skills, with ability to translate technical & customer information into products requirements for different level audiences
- Proven competence with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and a CRM
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
EOE including disability/ veteran