SPS Commerce continues to experience tremendous growth! The Account Executive in our Channel Sales team is an indirect sales role in a high-growth area of SPS Commerce focused on building relationships with strategic partners specializing in ERP, Warehouse Management, and/or Transportation Management. This includes cultivating partnerships directly with software application companies and their ISV/VAR communities, serving as the primary representative of SPS Commerce to these communities. The markets that Channel Sales serves evolve quickly, requiring entrepreneurial, forward-thinking, innovative sales professionals skilled at discovery, prescriptive selling, and managing complex sales cycles.
Does this sound like you?
- You thrive in an environment that is rooted in collaboration and teamwork.
- You know how to build relationships and take a strategic approach to selling, resulting in ongoing opportunities
- You're action oriented. You have a strong sense of urgency and tend to jump in and figure things out.
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process and our tech products. We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
Day to Day
Essential Responsibilities / Duties
- Create a business plan that details the specific markets, activities, and milestones required to meet sales revenue and lead generation objectives
- Leverage your business plan to educate the other departments at SPS Commerce on the goals of your business so that they can participate in and understand their role in assisting you to fully execute on your objectives
- Articulate SPS value proposition for the entire product suite
- Maintain consistent and accurate sales and partner forecasts using specified tools and applications provided by SPS
- Participate in market specific marketing campaigns and events, including industry/market tradeshows with our partners that generate revenue and/or leads
- Meet or exceed quarterly sales objectives/quota targets
- Work closely with other SPS sales organizations when independent VARs and or System Integrators are involved, winning the support of these third-party companies to increase our win rates, and ultimately bringing these partners formally into the SPS Ecosystem
- Bachelor’s degree AND 2 years of relevant work experience OR some post-secondary education AND 3 years of relevant work experience
- Relevant work experience is defined as 2+ years of sales experience with a minimum of 1 year in a commission-based hunter sales role
- Ability to think “outside the box” and innovate to uncover new business opportunities
- The ability to develop a comprehensive go-to-market strategy with partners
- Excellent communication and cross-functional teamwork skills (product management, implementation, support, sales and senior management)
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communication skills, with ability to translate technical & customer information into business solution requirements that engages and drives a partner-focused relationship.
- Experience working with MS Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Sales Automation Systems (such as Salesforce.com)
- Proven organizational and prioritization skills
- Familiarity with business applications in the ERP and Supply Chain space
- ISV, VAR, Industry experience
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
EOE including disability/ veteran