**Hybrid position based out of our office in downtown Minneapolis, MN**
SPS Commerce is hiring a Staff Software Developer to join our team of highly experienced software development experts. This role requires a combination of expertise in data and software engineering. You would be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining robust data infrastructure and pipelines to support the collection, processing, and analysis of SPS Commerce retail data. Our team is passionate about learning, working collaboratively, finding elegant solutions to complex challenges, and relentlessly improving our products.
Why join SPS Commerce?
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers, and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process, and our tech products. We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources, and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re passionate around technology and data analytics.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to design and develop efficient data storage solutions, ensuring data quality, reliability, and scalability.
- You understand the necessity to document data engineering processes, workflows, and infrastructure configurations to facilitate knowledge sharing and maintain data engineering best practices.
What is the day to day like?
As Staff Software Developer you will join a team working with other experienced engineers including data engineers. We have a team first culture where we Succeed Together developing on a product that helps propel our customers forward.
- Design and develop scalable and efficient data pipelines to extract, transform, and load network data from various sources into appropriate data storage systems.
- Mentoring coworkers in sound software engineering and data management principles.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and visualizations to present SPS Commerce retailer data in a clear and actionable manner. Aid team members to understand this process.
- Leverage expertise and experience to consult other teams and have an impact outside of business unit.
- Responsible for ownership of products and services, sharing knowledge with others, and technical leadership within area of responsibility.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand the SPS retailer network infrastructure, data sources, and data requirements.
What experience is required?
- A bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of relevant experience or 11 years of experience without a degree.
- Familiarity with big data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Graph Databases) and cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in data engineering/science, or a similar role involving data engineering and software engineering.
- Proficiency in data integration and ETL processes using tools like Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, or similar technologies.
- Clear ability to rationalize decision making and communicate across audiences both verbally and written.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with engineers of various skill levels and technical abilities as well as mentor when appropriate.
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
** EOE including disability / veteran **