We’re looking for our next great manager to help lead a highly talented team in our Collections department. This is a team that is focused on payment recovery, but from a position/ paradigm of customer care/ customer service. This role sits within our Customer Success team and is will work with internal cross-functional leaders as we continue in the teams evolution.
Does this sound like you?
- You excel in people development and creating a positive culture. You have a material depth of experience in team building, leading others, and forging new paths.
- You have been a guide and mentor through large changes, and you always start from a place of empathy during change management.
- You are no stranger to bringing new ideas to the table. You are well known for your critical thinking skills and your ability to see big picture, while catching all the details that make it work.
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process and our tech products. We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
This role will lead a team of customer centric focused payment recovery professionals. For the near term, this will include leading the team through a significant organizational change, evaluate and assess existing practices and seek out and implement process improvement ideas. This will include building on an existing base of team performance metrics to help push the evolution of this department. This is a position of relative high visibility with senior leadership across the organization.
- Ensure customer centric focus, education, and behaviors are a top priority for the team; embed customer-centric focus into work processes, skills, practices, and culture; measure quality and drive accountability
- Lead team by setting a vision, purpose and individual job expectations and select, orient, train, coach, develop and inspire individuals to achieve established individual and group KPIs
- Lead forecasting and reporting of accounts receivable (e.g., bad debt expense, non-pay cancels)
- Serve as the customer escalation and resolution point for issues, disputes, and past due accounts; remove roadblocks for team to achieve results; approve negotiated payment schedules
- Establish productive working relationships with third-party collection agencies, VersaPay (payment processor), and Five Star (external call center)
- Develop a collaborative relationship with department leaders to ensure quality, trust, and accuracy within the collections process + influence cross functionally to drive innovative ideas through data and observation of the customer experience
- Use data to inform all aspects of our decision making, operating processes, and strategic direction
- Energize and motivate team to drive process improvements, efficiencies and regularly communicate these improvements and potential risks and/or impacts to senior management
- Act as a thought partner/leader on issues and/or changes related to collections to ensure that business partners are aware of impacts and risks to the receivable process for the changes being made
- Bachelor’s degree + 5 years of collections/ finance/ account experience OR combination of equivalent education and experience totaling 8 years
- 5+ years’ collections, customer service or related experience
- 2+ years’ experience serving in a formal leadership role leading direct reports
- Proven ability to identify metrics and trends to drive efficiencies in processes
- Excellent communication, leadership, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization as well as external service providers
- Proven ability to engage and influence across corporate functions
- Ability to approach problem solving with resourcefulness and creativity
- Demonstrated ability to analyze issues, determine and implement appropriate solutions, and resolve problems
- Strong knowledge of systems and automation
- Proven competence with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of receivables and financial concepts
- SaaS industry experience
- Experience working with Salesforce and VersaPay
EOE INCLUDING VETERANS/DISABILITY