You are a creative problem solver with a passion for detail as a UX Designer. You have an eye for what digitally works, what doesn’t work and what’s worth trying. You know how to take complex data and distill it into to a simple, easy-to-use interface. Critical discussion about design, whether it's about your own work or that of your colleagues, is always fun to you because you embrace the philosophy that ideas are improved when tested.
Why Join SPS?
You will become a part of the largest retail driven and Omni-channel focused community that has gained the trust of 70,000 customers globally. You like to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with a Get After It attitude while being Obsessed with Customers!
Does this sound like you?
- You have experience working with product management and engineering teams.
- You enjoy solving problems that result in user-friendly interfaces and experiences for powerful and efficient software
- You are a good communicator and problem solver with excellent design instincts.
- You can analyze requirements and help validate product strategy from the perspective of the user.
- You are proficient in Sketch and Invision.
- Lead design discovery meetings to help shape product direction.
- Translate requirements into work flows and user-friendly designs that promotes ease-of-use.
- Collaborate with other designers and work independently to see projects through to completion.
- Work with Engineering to guide final implementation of designs.
- Negotiate and articulate the "why" of design decisions. You'll need to convince, disagree confidently and give and take straightforward criticism.
What experience and skills do I need?
- At least 3 years of experience in interface and interaction design
- Knowledge of technology advantages and limitations (i.e. JS, CSS, HTML, iOS)
- Experience developing consumer and/or commercial web application interfaces (desktop & mobile)
- Strong visual design skills, including an eye for good typography, composition, and use of color
- Experience working with Big Data sets and developing advanced visualizations to enable high-impact business outcomes
- Fluid ability to design in Sketch (Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus)
- Experience in creating various prototype methods and knowledge of best practices
NOTE: To be considered for this role, please provide a link to your portfolio, website or other online display of samples of your work.