We’re adding to our Finance team! Come join us at SPS Commerce as a Senior Accountant. We’re looking for someone with a passion for building and creating to join our Finance team to establish this new role. We’re a high-growth SaaS company, and we have no plans of slowing down, so we would love to add someone to our team who can help get us to the next level in revenue accounting and bridge the gap between accounting operations, billing, and the business.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re a person who has expertise in accounting principles and loves to build, create, and continuously improve the way things are done.
- You are skilled at building cross-functional relationships.
- You know revenue accounting.
- SPS Commerce is a leader in cloud-based supply chain management solutions, providing network-integrations and comprehensive retail performance analytics to thousands of customers.
- We are the trusted advisers when it comes to perfecting trading partner relationships. SPS Commerce is a company that you will continue to help you grow and develop your professional career.
- You’ll be playing for a winning team! With 75 quarters of consecutive growth behind us, we have a tradition of winning and an obligation to lead.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of revenue related entries (e.g., deferred revenue, bad debt, miscellaneous receivables/revenues and the related reconciliations)
- Partner with various stakeholders (e.g., Financial Planning & Analysis, External Reporting, Auditors) to ensure accurate financial information is produced and appropriate accounting controls are in place
- Collaborate with billing team to post billing system revenue/cash to the general ledger and perform related reconciliations
- Understand SPS full revenue cycle and be the expert on revenue related accounting matters
- Lead and assess the impact of business changes to revenue
- Prepare supporting revenue/expense documentation during annual external audit
- Report on revenue-related metrics and prepare footnotes to financial statements
- Perform month-end close procedures associated with certain expense accruals, leases, and rent including journal entry preparation and reconciliations
- Collaborate with forecast/budget team to review expenses and assist in variance analysis of actuals versus forecast
- Track and process Tenant Improvement reimbursements
- Work on revenue-related projects
What skills and experience do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years related experience
- Experience with month-end close processes and solid knowledge of account reconciliations
- Working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to take initiative, use strong analytical and communication skills, drive accounting efficiencies, all with an attention to detail, collaborative style, and inquisitive mindset