The Sr. Content Development Manager plays a pivotal role in raising awareness of SPS Commerce as a thought leader and market leader in retail cloud services and is responsible for overseeing the publication and operations of our corporate blog and raising the profile of our social channels.
75% of this role is weighted in the creation of SPS blog and social content development, 25% of this role supports the content needs of our SPS events team, providing engaging content to help us to build awareness for upcoming SPS Commerce events using a variety of communication channels.
The ideal candidate will develop and sustain the company's voice across our blog and social channels, and create relevant, timely communications for a range of audiences. S/he must have a knack and love for writing and a demonstrated track record of owning successful communications programs, as well as a high level of creativity, attention to detail and project management skills.
Why join SPS?
- We’re the largest cloud technology company headquartered in Minnesota.
- You’ll work alongside talented and enthusiastic marketing professionals who embrace the world of technology.
- We have a leadership team that cares about your growth.
- We continually strive to deliver a workplace culture where people feel valued and challenged to excel.
- Our high-energy environment provides employees with perks big and small, from company-wide events and department outings to endless coffee and a business casual dress code.
Does this sound like you?
- You are a writer and storyteller first, but also have the strategic and analytical chops to help maximize your words.
- You love creative collaboration and enjoy the process of building a messaging strategy and then executing it.
- You love technology and work or have experience working in a B2B and SaaS environment.
- You are familiar with current SEO methodologies (familiarity with CRO is a bonus!).
- You enjoy researching and finding nuggets of truth that can motivate prospects in a personal way.
- You are good at time management and can go heads down to write killer content.
- Write and/or edit various types of blog posts, articles, and webpages on a wide range of topics relevant to the retail ecosystem and SPS products.
- Monitor and proactively recommend and implement improvements to blog and social strategies, and other marketing initiatives.
- Continue to enhance and grow the company’s social media profiles and presence and social reach on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels. Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company and industry.
- Collaborate with internal team experts in various marketing channels, such as organic search, paid search, social media, demand generation, and partner marketing and understands how these channels work together to maximize efficiencies in the different stages in the buyer’s journey.
- Follow an editorial calendar for content publication; contribute topics and content ideas for editorial calendar.
- Lead internal discussions about target audiences and topics.
- Oversee the research and interview process with subject matter experts.
- Manage contributions from internal resources and content creators or external creators when applicable.
- Primary owner of content creation to support SPS corporate events, including event blogs, social posts, and webpage content.
- 7 + year’s experience in corporate communications, agency or publishing environments.
- A passion for and a strong understanding of the retail industry and cloud computing.
- Impeccable writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of various types of content for different audiences ranging from executives to managers to technical staff. Must be fluent with AP style guidelines.
- Strong executive presence and ability to lead/influence others.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects and communicating priority updates to stakeholders.
- Fluency in multiple social media platforms.
- Working knowledge of marketing systems including CRM (Salesforce.com), project management (Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence), web analytics (Google Analytics) and CMS (WordPress) systems.
- Exhibits a positive, flexible attitude, sense of humor and grace under pressure.
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing preferred.
The Digital Copywriter is responsible for managing all conversion writing for our website, various emails, campaigns, and paid ad, as well as SEO activities with a major focus in SEO content. Other responsibilities include link building and keyword strategy to increase rankings on all major searching engines. This individual is an expert in all things related to content and platform optimization, brand consistency, and localization. You will be joining a friendly team that is motivated by data driven decisions to grow demand generation efforts.
Does this sound like you?
- You have Digital Copywriting experience, taking things from good to great
- You have SEO Experience (enough that you're comfortable in your job)
- You can write and edit content better than average
- You’re confident analyzing site traffic and conversions
- You are a clear communicator and super collaborative
Why join SPS?
- With over 72+ consecutive quarters of growth, we know how to win
- We're part of a movement that is disrupting the way retailers and consumers interact
- This is a new role within our Marketing team that will help drive, demand, opportunity and growth
- We will encourage you to be more - we support you with different resources and on-the-job training to help you develop, grow personally and professionally
- Identifying powerful keywords to drive the most valuable traffic
- Writing effective SEO content for blogs, websites and social media accounts.
- Compiling and presenting SEO guidelines
- Writing powerful calls-to-action to convert visitors
- Collaborating with the team to drive additional demand
What experience do I need?
- Proven experience applying SEO principles to yours and others written work
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile team environment
- Research, research, research (all the usual SEO stuff like keyword value, competition, relative positioning, etc.)
- Search optimization tools (e.g, Yoast, Moz, SEMrush, Google Search Console, Google Analytics)