SPS Commerce is in search of a dynamic Director of Growth Marketing with a proven track record of success. The ideal candidate will be a strategic leader, adept in developing, implementing, and optimizing digital marketing campaigns. This pivotal role calls for a self-motivated individual to steer our digital marketing team, ensuring effective strategy execution across all digital channels. Joining our Marketing Leadership Team, you will refine and expand our digital initiatives, fostering brand recognition and engagement that translates into revenue growth. This presents a remarkable opportunity for a seasoned leader to unify our business units and spearhead a global digital branding strategy.
*** This role is hybrid in the Minneapolis, MN market. ***
Why work at SPS?
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers, and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process, and our tech products. We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources, and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
Does this sound like you?
- You have deep expertise in Channel/Digital Media Strategy
- You embrace a succeed together culture where your success depends on collaboration and teamwork
- You hold yourself accountable to a high standard of performance while acting with integrity and respect
- Lead the digital team, overseeing day-to-day business operations, clearly communicating organizational and personal goals to the team, allocating and managing resources and ensuring tasks are completed on time.
- A strong grasp of current marketing tools, trends and best practices, and be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing social, email and digital marketing campaigns, including SEO/SEM, PPC and display advertising.
- Expertise in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and drive engagement.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and ad copy/creative/targeting, including experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Solid knowledge of analytic tools and ad serving tools necessary for campaign set-up and reporting.
- Establish the end-to-end digital marketing capabilities and strategy that aligns with the needs and goals of the businesses.
- Track and measure the performance of all digital marketing channels and propose optimization initiatives to maximize marketing return on investment.
- Support the continuous development of the team, ensuring they have the skills and capabilities needed to be recognized as subject matter experts across the wider marketing team.
- Identify and analyze digital trends and insights and optimize spend and performance based on that analysis.
- Maintain the integrity of the SPS brand to ensure it is always represented well.
- Set measurable goals and key performance indicators for all channels.
- Actively participates as part of the Leadership team in advising on strategies to build the business.
- Competitively conceptualize market pricing and penetration.
- Form and maintain relationships with outside vendors and partners.
- Work cross-functionally across all departments to understand and represent the company and brand accordingly.
- Degree in Marketing or Communications preferable
- 15+ years in Marketing with increasing responsibility with at least 5+ in a senior management position with responsibility for staff evaluation and development and annual planning and budget development
- Experience with programmatic platforms, Google Ads, Google Studio, Power BI, Facebooks Ads, LinkedIn, Sprout Social.
- Proven track record growing and establishing talented teams.
- The knowledge and ability to communicate with and work cross-functionally.
- Past company revenue of at least $300 MM
- The incumbent should excel at developing and executing plans to meet objectives and be a strong collaborator and relationship builder. It is essential that this person has an aptitude for “getting things done” and can work well both in a team environment as well as independently.
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
**EOE including veterans/disability**
We’re looking for a flexible, multi-faceted Content writer to join our creative team who can tackle all types of projects for multiple channels, including brand, campaigns, emails, websites, UX, blogs, long form copy, videos and more.
As a Content writer, you will be a part of this SPS Commerce Creative team and help shape the digital presence of one of the world's strongest brands. You’ll create innovative and effective digital content for SPS Commerce website, email marketing and other digital-specific channels. You will write in the SPS brand voice, balanced with a clear, concise, easy-to-navigate messaging approach across editorial and promotional copy. You will be looked to as an expert and resource for e-commerce and digital-specific writing best practices. You’ll be asked to merge consumer insights/data with creative best practices, as well as quickly adapt to shifting priorities and build strong relationships across the enterprise with business partners. You’ll be asked to seek creative solutions to overcome obstacles, ensure the accuracy of your copy and master the processes and tools required for daily work. You must be comfortable working within weekly publishing timelines, juggling a variety of needs with quick changes. Core responsibilities of job are described within job description. Job duties may change at any time based upon business needs.
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS, we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers, and logistics partners to work better with our people, process, and tech products. We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources, and training to explore and execute new ideas. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
What is the day-to-day like?
- Digest strategy, then concept and develop original copy in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Create copy that is crisp, bold and engaging
- Collaborate with Creative Directors and Art Designers to ensure that the copy works visually and achieves overarching goals
- Have good time management and prioritization skills
- Write within brand guidelines for multiple brands
- Ensure marketing goals are achieved through balancing strong on-brand copy with hard-working calls-to-action
- Receive and give constructive feedback on creative projects
- Be able to edit and prioritize content based on the project’s objective
- Write persuasive, informative and directional copy
- Proven ability to apply a consistent brand voice to brand work across multiple digital-based channels
- User-experience-first messaging approach and ability to apply a strategic lens to writing
- Knowledge of ecommerce and digital marketing best practices
- Ability to learn and master the specific process and tools required for daily work
What experience and skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Marketing Communications
- Minimum of 3 years of communications or marketing experience
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment and able to prioritize multiple responsibilities, projects and workflow; able to work with deadlines and demonstrateflexibility
- Excellent writing and editing skills and ability to apply and adhere to communication guidelines
- Naturally collaborative; ability to manage complex projects and work well in a team environment
- Ability to make connections between projects, programs, and SPS guiding principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365
- Detail oriented and ability to catch minor writing and design flaws
Nice to haves
- Solid, creative copywriting and concepting skills
- Strong self-motivation
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Strong collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, last minute requests and quick
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Technology/ecommerce industry experience is a plus
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
** EOE including disability / veteran **